However, there’s a popular saying… Same same, but different! They might look similar in appearance, but they certainly taste different.
This one-pot wonder that will spice up your senses with the freshness from the seafood, the rich flavor from the minced beef, crunch from the vegetables and the mixed of herbs that tickles your taste buds with every bite.
“This recipe was inherited from my mother. I have perfected it and it taste exactly like what I had when I was young.”
We’ve tried looking around, but we can hardly find this dish locally. Well, today is your lucky day! Here’s the recipe from home cook Waidah!
Preparation Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
No. of serving: 6 – 8
- 1kg pre-made lontong, cut into bite-size cubes
- 300g minced beef
- 500g medium-size prawns
- 3 medium fishcake
- ¼ cabbage, cut into stripes
- 3 chinese white cabbage, cut into 5 cm long
- 1 cup dried shrimps, blended into powder
- 2 cups fried shallots
- 1 tbsp belacan
- Spring onions, garnish
- 2 chicken cubes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp Sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 4 cup dried chilli paste
- 1/3 cup garlic paste
- 1/3 cup onion paste
- 1/4 cup ginger paste
- In a big wok with heated oil, add in the herb pastes. Fry for 3 mins until the fragrances releases. Add in belachan, fry till the oil surfaces above the chilli.
- Add in fried shallots, fresh prawns, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce, salt and sugar, pepper, chicken cubes, dried shrimp. Pour in 2 cups of water, fry till the prawn is ¾ cooked.
- Add in minced beef and fish cake. Fry till the ingredients are fully cooked.
- Add in the cut lontong and the vegetables. Stir-fry for 2 minutes till it is evenly mixed.
- Serve with spring onion as garnish.
Recipe adapted from Waidah @ Teban Gardens
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!