The Omega-3 fatty acid is commonly found in fish and eating it twice a week brings a truckload of health benefits to you. We will save you the hassle of googling on it’s health benefits as we have it listed down here:
- Fight depression and anxiety
- Improve eye health
- Promote brain health during pregnancy and early life
- Improve risk factors for heart disease
- Reduce symptoms of ADHD in Children
- Fight inflammation
- Fight age-related mental decline and alzheimer’s disease
- May help prevent cancer
- May improve bone and joint health
- Alleviate menstrual pain
- Good for your skin
Last but not least, steaming is one of the healthiest cooking method. It locks in the nutrients so that you can have it all. Wait no more! Give this recipe a shot!
Preparation Time: 10 hrs | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
No. of serving: 3 – 4
- 200g white fish fillet
- 4 tsp miso
- 4 tbsp ginger juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 large chilli, seeds removed and minced
- 8 sprigs spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp white pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
Step 1: Prepare the sauce
- In a heated pan with olive oil, add in garlic, chilli, ginger juice. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add spring onion, miso and pepper. Cook for 2 mins on low heat, until the sauce thickens.
Step 2: Pour the sauce over the fish and steam
- Heat up the steamer.
- Pour the sauce over the fish. Place the fish in a hot steamer, steam it for about 10 – 15 minutes. Cooking duration depends on size and thickness of fish fillet.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Recipe adapted from Diana Gale @ Simei
Looking for more fish recipes? Check out the recipes below:
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!