This week, our home cook, Lily Wong gave a twist to this recipe. Not only did she add in Corn and Chicken drumstick to sweeten the soup, she have added in spiralized Radish noodle to make it a comforting carb-free meal!
Radish is high in vitamin C, dietary fiber, antioxidant and more. Check out the health benefits below!
Preparation Time: 15 hrs | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Total Time: 1hr 30 mins
No. of servings: 2 – 3
- 1 big radish
- 1 pcs sweet corn, chop into 4 parts
- 2 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, cut in 5cm long
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- 2x chicken drumstick, blanch
- 3 sticks celery, cut into 5 cm long (optional)
Step 1: Cook the sweet corn and celery soup base
- Add sweet corn and celery into the pot, cook for 15 mins.
Step 2: Add in the rest of the ingredients to cook the soup
- Remove the celery from the pot.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, except for tomato. Simmer for 50 mins.
Step 3: Complete the soup
- Add in tomato and simmer for 10 mins.
Step 4: Spiralized the Radish
- Place the radish in the spiralizer and shred it into noodle form. Place it in the colander, place a bowl at the bottom and let it dehydrate in the refrigerator till the soup is ready. Rinse before using.
Step 5: Ready to serve
- Portion the radish noodle in the serving bowl, pour in the hot soup over with ingredients.
Recipe adapted from Lily Wong @ Bishan
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!