“We served this during Hari Raya and it was a hit!” – Mdm Zaiton Thamby
Every bite is filled with the fragrance of shredded coconut and oozing sweetness of palm sugar. Adding gula melaka and a scoop of sinful ice cream, this dish is truly a fan favourite amongst the sweet tooth foodies out there.
Get ready your next trip to the dentist! But before that, Ondeh-Ondeh Pancake full recipe right below!
Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 40 mins
No. of pancake: 8 – 10 pancake
- 3 eggs
- 115g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp pandan extract, as desired
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs of sugar, as desired
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 200g gula melaka
- 150ml water
- 1 pandan leaf
- Pinch of salt
- 50g shredded coconut, dry fry till golden brown
- Butter for greasing the pan
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Mint leaf, garnish
Step 1: Prepare the filling
- In a saucepan, heat up water. Add in gula melaka, pandan leaf and salt. Once the gula melaka have melted and thickened slightly, remove from flame and let cool.
- Set aside ¼ cup for garnish.
- Once the remaining has cooled down, add in shredded coconut and mix well. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the pancake mix
- Mix all the pancake ingredients in a bowl. Whisk till smooth, set aside.
Step 3: Fry the pancake
- On a heated frying pan, add in a tsp of butter. Swirl the pan until it has fully melted.
- Pour in ½ ladle of pancake mixture. Once it is half-cooked, add in some coconut filling in the centre. Flip to cover up the filling and make a semi-circle shape.
- Once it is fully cooked, transfer to plate. Repeat the steps for the remaining batter.
Step 4: Assemble and serve immediately
- Lay pancakes on the serving plate. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and drizzle melted gula melaka and toasted coconut on the pancake. Garnish with mint leave.
Recipe adapted from Zaiton Thamby @ Pasir Ris
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!