Wishing everyone, 哈哈大笑过大年！Prawn wontons are the norm but have you tried them fried and coated in salted egg yolk sauce? We love how these all work together. Taste simply delicious!
“A much simpler way to cook my favourite salted egg yolk prawn!” – Cheng Geck Chau
This Salted Egg Yolk Jumbo Shrimp Wonton Recipe is an all-time family favourite! However, Homecook shared it’s something she don’t cook very often because she dislikes deep-frying and the mess from the flour and egg. And of course, the leftover oil from deep frying too. So, when Share Food reached out to her to think of something creative for CP wonton, she thought of this idea immediately!
The golden brown fried wonton and the salted egg York looks extremely auspicious and visually appealing for CNY. These look like a huge gold ingot that signifies wealth too. This dish is definitely a crowd pleaser! A dish to impress.
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? We want to know more http://www.sharefood.sg/submit-your-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
No. of servings: 6 pax
Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 boxes of jumbo seafood wanton, 16 pcs
- 6 salted duck egg yolks, steamed
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded
- 2 red chilli, sliced
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 55g butter
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2½ tsp sugar, to taste
Step 1: Air-fry the wonton
- Spray a layer of oil over the wonton.
- Air-fry it at 200oC for 12 minutes until golden brown.
Step 2: Steam the salted egg yolk and mash it
- Place the salted egg yolk in the steamer and steam for 5 mins.
- Remove from pot, leave it to cool. Mash the yolk.
Step 3: Cook the salted egg yolk sauce and combine with wonton
- In a frying pan, add in butter. Let it melt in the pan. Add in garlic and fry till it’s fragrant.
- Add curry leaves and mashed egg yolk. Fry till fragrant.
- Add evaporated milk and sugar, to taste. Stir till creamy. Lower the heat.
- Add the fried wonton and chilli. Stir gently till the wonton are fully coated.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!