What’s your favourite soup base? You can make a tasty yet healthier soup base for your steamboat on the seventh day of the first lunar month, also known as 人日 the birthday of all common men. Celebrated with symbolic dishes that enhance health and to mark the growth of a year older. Let’s have a healthy feast with this healthy Coconut chicken steamboat to celebrate this occasion! All you need are these ingredients.
This Coconut Chicken Soup recipe uses coconut water as the base. Coconut water contains multiple vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals that are ideal for human health. It can also help reduce fatigue, stress and help maintain muscle relaxation.
Couple it with Kee Song’s organic chicken, it brings the natural aspect of the steamboat to the next level! The chicken meat is tender and knowing that it is organic, it just makes it feels us feels so good after eating.
Express your love for the family with this dish. Giving well wishes for good health (身体健康) is not enough, put them into actions! A popular steamboat trending in Singapore, be the first to do it at home! The soup only gets tastier and sweeter the more you eat from it! Delicate, sweet and savoury – this is a perfect way to bond with the family. Enjoy your steamboat with Auntie Anne’s Chilli! Stay tuned for the recipe launching tomorrow.
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? We want to know more http://www.sharefood.sg/submit-your-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
No. of servings: 5 pax
Preparation Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 Kee Song’s organic Chicken, cut into 12 pcs
- 4 thai baby coconut
- 500ml water
- 3 red dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp wolfberries
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
Fresh Steamboat ingredients (Any ingredients you like!)
- 1 pkt umeiji mushroom
- ¼ winter melon, skin removed and sliced
- 1 x white veggie
- 1 x broccoli
- 1 x carrot, sliced
- 1 x tofu
- 1 x corn
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
- In a bowl with chicken, add in all the marinade and mix well. Set aside, let it marinate for 30 mins in the chiller.
Step 2: Prepare the coconut
- Cut the top of the coconut. Drain the juice in a bowl. Use a spoon to carve out the coconut meat. Slice the coconut meat to smaller pieces, if needed. Set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the steamboat
- On the steamboat, pour in the coconut water, coconut meat, water, red date. Once it boils, add in the marinated chicken pieces and wolfberries.
- Add a pinch of salt, to taste. Once the chicken is cooked, enjoy the clear coconut and chicken soup. Dip the chicken into the chilli sauce.
Step 4: Top up the soup and eat it as steamboat
- Add in more water and add the rest of the steamboat ingredients.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!