Delicious and fun! An easy recipe that’ll brighten your kid’s meal and they wouldn’t even know it’s healthy. This space-themed dish, Kid’s Bolognese Rocket Rice Pizza recipe is shared by home cook Fong Luan. She’s a mummy of three and has a list of amazing kids recipes to share.
This Kid’s Bolognese Rocket Rice Pizza dish has all the characteristics of a pizza but is healthy and nutritious as it has fibre from the rice, protein from the chicken and vegetables from the capsicum. This dish is also a great way to introduce new food to your kids. You can simply sneak in more vegetables or change the type of rice to brown to boost their fibre intake.
Create a bit of fun for your kids by making it into a shape of a rocket! In this recipe, she shares how you can make your own healthy rice pizza crust and top it off with homemade pizza toppings. For the rice pizza crust, we used PaddyKing Jasmine Fragrant Rice as it is aromatic and deliciously moist! It also holds in shape after baking and you can easily press out the shape with a mould. It also helps to cool the rice first before you mould out the shape.
As for the filling, we made a classic, chicken bolognese and sprinkled a generous amount of cheese over it. When cutting nori sheets, do remember to store it in a ziplock bag and avoid contact with water. It’s easier to cut when the nori sheets are dry and crispy.
This is a space-tacular meal idea for kids of all ages and grown-ups may want to try it too! Get those aprons ready and have your kids involved, it’ll be the best meal ever!
PaddyKing Jasmine Fragrant rice is now available online and you can purchase it here.
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at http://www.sharefood.sg/submit-your-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
No. of servings: 3 pax
Preparation Time: 30 mins| Bake Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup white rice
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
Chicken bolognese filling
- 100g minced chicken
- 2 tbsp of bacon bits
- 4 tsp tomato-based pasta sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ sweet red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large nori sheet
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Rocket rice mould
Step 1: Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice. Pour the rice and chicken broth into the rice cooker and set it to cook.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff the rice with a chopstick and set aside to cool slightly.
Step 2: Prepare the rice to bake & cut out the rocket shape
- Preheat oven to 200 o C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice, beaten egg and mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the rice mixture into the baking tray lined with parchment paper and press it evenly into about ½ inch thick.
- Transfer the tray to an oven and bake for 5 minutes using top-down heat.
- Remove the rice from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 mins.
- Use a rocket mould to cut out the shape. Remove the excess rice.
Step 3: Cook the chicken bolognese filling & spread on rice crust
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp oil. Add chopped onions, garlic and red pepper. Sauté till fragrant and onion becomes translucent.
- Add minced chicken, pasta sauce and black pepper. Sauté till the chicken is cooked through.
- Spread the sauce mixture over the rice crust. Sprinkle bacon bits over the sauce and followed by mozzarella cheese over the meat.
- Transfer it back to the oven and bake for 10 mins at 200oC or until the cheese bubbles.
Step 4: Cut out stars decorations. Assemble and serve
- Use a star food stamp, press out star decorations using nori sheets and cheese slices. Assemble, decorate and serve!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!