Looking for a healthy snack that your whole family, including the picky little ones, will enjoy? Look no further than this recipe, at least for now 🙂
This creative dish is packed with Protein from the chicken breast meat and Calcium from the Mozzarella Cheese. Protein is one of the most important component of every cell in our body.Our hair and nails are mostly made of protein, it is use to build and repair tissues and to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Our body does not store Protein hence adequate consumption on a daily basis is recommended for a healthier you. Not forgetting Calcium, it is also a good nutrients for all ages to maintain healthy and strong bones.
This dish uses no oil at all. Baking it in the oven locks up all the nutrients and natural juices from the chicken breast while it crisped up the breadcrumb. Complete the dish by serving with the sauces that your family loves! Anyone that love cheese chicken nuggets should try this!
This dish is simple and it's fun to make too! Get your little ones to help you in the kitchen. It's time for some bonding through food!
Food preparation time: 20 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total time: 40 hr
No. of serving: 4 pax
- 2 x 200g Chicken breasts (2个200克鸡胸肉)
- Mozzarella Cheese block, cut into small cubes (莫扎里拉奶酪块，切成小方块)
- 340g panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) (340克panko, 日本面包屑)
- 113g cup grated Parmesan (113克磨碎的帕尔马干酪)
- ½ teaspoon salt (半茶匙盐)
- 170g flour (170克面粉)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten (3个鸡蛋，打散)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Spread panko on baking sheet laid with baking paper, bake for 6 – 8 mins until golden brown. Transfer to a shallow dish, let it cool down. Add Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt. （烤箱预热至180摄氏度。把烘焙纸放在烤盘上, 然后把panko面包屑放散在烤盘上，烘6 – 8分钟至金黄色。转移到一个浅盘，让它冷却下来。加入帕尔马干酪和盐， 搅拌均匀。）
Step 2: Cut each chicken breast into 6 – 8 pieces, cut the slit in the middle of each chicken cube and slot in the mozzarella cheese cubes. （将每个鸡胸肉切成6 – 8块。在每个鸡快里切一个小缝，将莫扎里拉奶酪块放入鸡快里。）
Step 3: Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes. Increase temperature to 230 Celsius. （将面粉和蛋独自放在浅盘里。把烤箱温度提高到230摄氏度.)
Step 4: Set a wire rack in a baking sheet. Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then coat with panko, press to adhere. Place on rack. (在烤盘上放一个铁架。把面粉粘在鸡肉上， 然后粘上鸡蛋，然后再粘上面包屑。放置在铁架上。)
Step 5: Bake chicken for 12 mins until it is fully cooked through. Serve nuggets with your favourite sauce. (把鸡肉放入烤箱，烤12分钟，直到完全熟透。)
- When you place the coated chicken on the wire rack, do ensure that the opening where the cheese is slotted in, is facing upwards to prevent it from leaking when it’s baking. (当您把粘好的鸡肉放在铁架上，记得要把有莫扎里拉奶酪的缝口朝向上，以防止在烘烤时熔漏出来。）
- If you like your dish to be more crispy, you may simply apply a 2nd coating of breadcrumb in this sequence: Flour – Egg – Breadcrumb – Egg – Breadcrumb. (如果您想要鸡块再脆一点，您可以简单的照着这个粘鸡块顺序：面粉 – 蛋 – 面包屑 – 蛋 -面包屑。）