Oshizushi (pressed sushi), also known as hako-zushi (box sushi), is the favorite and specialty of Osaka. The block-shaped is formed using a wooden mould, called an oshibako.
This sushi is perfect for any special occasion because it is:
- Simple to make as the ingredients are layered within the mould, less the hassle of rolling the sushi on the mat and getting it all wrong.
- Colourful! Who doesn't love colours?
- Delicious! Simply layer it with favorite ingredients of your guests and be sure that this dish will be wiped out within minutes.
Aburi Salmon & Unagi Pressed Sushi Recipe
Food preparation time: 20 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 35 min
No. of serving: 2 (2 人份)
- 3 slices Salmon sashimi (3片三文鱼刺身½)
- Avocado, slice into 5 - 6 pieces ½鳄梨，切成5 – 6片
- 4 teaspoon fish roe (4茶匙鱼子)
- Japanese mayonnaise (日本的蛋黄酱)
- 3 slices Unagi (3片鳗鱼)
- 3 tablespoon dried Seaweed strips (3汤匙纸菜条)
Sushi Rice (寿司饭)
- 1 cups of sushi rice （1杯珍珠米）
- 1.5 cups of water (1 ½ 杯水)
- 56g of ice vinegar (56公克日本米醋)
- 0.5 Tablespoon White sugar (半汤匙白糖)
- 0.5 Teaspoon Fine salt (半茶匙细盐)
- 5 tablespoon of dried roe seasoning (五汤匙日本鱼子干调料)
Cooking Directions 烹煮过程
Step 1 – Cook the rice: Pour 1 cup of rice into the rice cooker pot, rinse with tap water for at least 3 times. Fill the pot with 1.5 cups of water or the measurement mark in the pot indicated for 1 cups of rice. Place the pot in the rice cooker and steam it. (把1杯米倒入锅里，用自来水冲洗至少3次。倒入1 ½ 杯或跟着锅里测量标记的水。放入电饭锅里蒸。)
Step 2 – Prepare the seasoning for the rice: (Method 1) In a microwaveable bowl, mix rice vinegar, sugar and salt together. Microwave for 3 mins till the sugar fully dissolve. (Method 2) Pour the mixture into a saucepan, melt the sugar over low fire. Set side. 方法1）把米醋，糖和盐混合在一起，放入微波炉煮3分钟，直到糖融化。 （方法2）将以上调味料倒入平底锅，用微火煮化糖。
Step 3 – Prepare the sushi rice: Remove the pot from the rice cooker, pour in seasoning. Mix well, set aside in room temperature till the seasoning is fully absorbed by the rice. You may place it next to a fan or window to expedite the absorption. (把调味料倒入饭里，拌匀。把饭放在桌上， 让米饭完全吸收调味料。您可以放在风扇或窗口旁，以加快吸收速度。)
Step 4 – Add some colours to your rice: Mix dried roe seasoning to sushi rice. (混合干鱼子调味寿司饭。)
Step 5 – Assemble the pressed sushi in the following sequence and cut it into 2: *watch the video to see how to assemble. Sushi mould can be purchase from Daiso @ IMM. (按以下顺序把寿司组成， 然后切成2块 。)
- Salmon with Avocado sushi – Rice, avocado, rice, salmon
(三文鱼鳄梨寿司: 寿司饭 ，鳄梨，寿司饭，三文鱼刺身)
- Unagi with seaweed – Rice, seaweed, rice, unagi
(鳗鱼紫菜寿司 - 寿司饭，紫菜，寿司饭，鳗鱼)
Step 6 – Get ready to serve: Place the sushi on heat resistance place, squeeze mayonnaise and place roe on each of the sushi. Just before serving it, grill the salmon and unagi with a blow torch. (把寿司放置在耐热的盘，把蛋黄酱和鱼子放在每个寿司上。用喷灯烤三文鱼刺身和鳗鱼。)