Also known as Lei Cha - the striking taste of Thunder Tea Rice will definitely make any heart skip a beat! This dish is not only healthy, it is also very delicious! Awaken your senses with its potent mix of herbs that will leave anyone begging for more. Amp up the Thunder with more garlic in your rice and stir fry vegetables to savour the incredible flavours of everything Hakka! Try out the Thunder Tea Rice today!
A big thank you to Kelly Ng Chen whom have shared with us this wonderful thunder tea rice recipe inherited from her mum!
Healthy Thunder Tea Rice
No. of serving: 4 (4 人份)
Ratio of Thai Basil Leaves (1): Mint Leaves (1): Coriander (0.6)
蔬菜的比例 - 九层塔 (1)：薄荷叶 (1)： 芫荽 (0.6)
- 250g Thai Basil leaves with stem. After removing the leave from the stem, the leaves should weigh approximately 100g. 250克九层塔。把叶子拔出，叶重量约100克.
- 250g Mint leaves. Remove the leave from the stem, the weight of the mint leave should be equivalent to the basil leave = 100g. 250克薄荷叶。把叶子拔出，只需100克的薄荷叶.
- 60g Coriander leaves 60克芫荽
- 120g raw Peanut 120克生花生
- 30g white Sesame seeds 30克白芝麻
- 1 teaspoon of chicken powder
- 100ml of water 100毫升水
Rinsed and cut all vegetables into small pieces 洗净所有的蔬菜切成小块
- 250g Kai Lan 250克芥兰
- 250g Cabbage 250克包菜
- 250g Long beans 250克长豆
- 200g Tou Kwa 200克豆干
- 200g Preserved Turnip (salted) 200克咸菜圃
- 100g Dried shrimps 100克虾米
- 30g Peanuts, dry frying this portion with the quantity required for the soup 30克花生，和以上的花生-起翻炒
- 10g white Sesame seeds, dry frying this portion with the quantity required for the soup 10克白芝麻，和以上的克白芝麻-起翻炒
- 10 cloves of garlics, chopped finely 10瓣大蒜，切碎
- 3 cups of rice 3杯米
- 8 cloves of garlic 8瓣大蒜，切碎
- 3 3/4 water to cook the rice 3 3/4 杯的水
- 1 pinch of salt 1撮盐
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder 1茶匙鸡精粉
Cooking Directions 烹煮过程
Direction to cook the soup
Step 1: Prepare the vegetables – Rinse all vegetable with tap water. Remove the Basil leave and Mint leave from its stem. Roughly chop the Basil leaves, Mint Leaves and Coriander to release its flavors. 用水把蔬菜冲洗干净。将九层塔和薄荷的叶子拔出。然后，用刀切九层塔，薄荷叶和芫荽，以释放出香味。
Step 2: Prepare the Peanuts & Sesame seeds – Heat up a wok and dry fry the peanuts. Once it’s warm, remove from wok and place them in a sieve with large gaps. Once the temperature has cooled down, rub the peanut with your palm to remove the skin. Sieve the skin away from the peanut. Dry fry the sesame seeds in the wok till the fragrances releases and the colour turn slightly brown. 在一个热炒锅里，干炒花生。一旦花生变热，把它放入一个筛子里。温度冷却后，用手掌搓花生，皮就会脱落。移动筛子让花生皮掉入垃圾袋里。 在同一个锅里，干炒白芝麻直到香味扑鼻，芝麻颜色变成淡棕色。
Step 3: Combine all ingredients together - In a wok, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, add in the root of coriander and fry about 1 minute. Add in all the vegetables and herbs and give it a quick stir, add pinch of salt and off heat. Do not overcook till the vegetable turns yellow. Do not add too much seasoning, in case it gets too salty. The taste of the vegetable should just be a little bit more saltier than usual because we are making a concentrated paste. 在热炒锅里，加入1-2汤匙的油，放入芫荽根炒约1分钟。加入所有的材料，并将它快速翻炒，加入一点盐， 然后再翻炒一会儿。注意，不要把蔬菜炒到变成黄色。咸度可以稍微偏咸一点因为在使用前，需要加入热水。
Step 4: Blend it - Once it cooled down a little, blend vegetables with plain water, peanuts and sesame. 一旦它冷却，把全部的材料倒入搅拌器。
Step 5: Prepare the side vegetables individually (Kai Lan, Cabbage, Long Bean) – In a heated wok, add in 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of garlic. Stir-fry the vegetables with a pinch of salt, set aside individually. 准备蔬菜（芥兰，白菜，长豆）-在热炒锅里，加入1汤匙油和1茶匙的大蒜。各自倒入蔬菜翻炒，加入少许的盐。即使关火。
- Cut the Tau Kwa into small cubes, pan-fry until it turns brown, no salt is required. 把豆干切成小方块。然后煎到它变成棕色，不需加盐。
- Wash Preserved Turnip, wash 3-4 times, squeeze the water out and wash again. Drained and pan fry with oil and garlic. 清洗咸菜圃3-4次。弄干，然后与大蒜和油一起翻炒。
- Sautee dried shrimps with oil。 清洗虾米，然后更有一起翻炒。
Step 6: In a wok, add in 1 tablespoon of oil, sauté the garlic till lightly brown. Add in rice and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes. Add in water and seasoning, stir again. Pour it into the rice cooker and steam it. 在热炒锅里，加1汤匙的油 ，爆香大蒜。加入米，搅拌约2-3分钟。加入水和调味料，再次搅拌。倒入电饭锅蒸它。
Assemble Lei Cha
Step 7: In a rice bowl, add in garlic rice and vegetables. Mix the concentrated Lei Cha paste with some hot water and pour it into the rice. Ready to serve! 在碗里，加入蒜米饭和蔬菜。将水倒入浓郁的擂茶里。搅拌好后，倒入米饭。上菜咯！
Do you love to cook and/or bake?
Join Share Food as Ambassador and enjoy exclusive privileges!
Share Food is looking for home cooks and home bakers to be featured in videos and get free cookware and kitchenware! Register your interest at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe
Find us on both Facebook and Instagram
Instagram – goo.gl/qTRTlg
Facebook – goo.gl/KGbFcr
Website – https://www.sharefood.sg/