A simple recipe that will still impress your folks at the dinner table. Beautifully presented, Shirley Lyn's Steamed Egg with Prawns and Mushrooms is light on the palette but hits the spot every time.
Everyone loves their eggs so this experimental creation by Shirley was delightfully well received by her family and now she is sharing it on Share Food's mobile app.
Grab a serving for yourself by searching for 'Shirley Lye" (with an E - no typos there) on our mobile app!
Or try cooking it for yourself with her amazing full recipe below! Here's the Steamed Egg with Prawns and Mushrooms recipe:
Preparation Time: 15mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35mins
No. of servings: 4 pax
- 5 egg whites （5个蛋白）
- 3 prawns, diced （3虾，切块）
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms, soak in tap water for 1 hr，diced (4香菇，浸泡水中1小时, 切块)
- 2 clove garlic, chopped （2大蒜，切碎）
- 2 clove onion, sliced （2洋葱，切片）
- 20ml water (20毫升水)
- Conflour mixture: ½ tsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp water (1/2茶匙薯粉和2汤匙水混合)
- 1tbsp MAGGI Chicken Concentrated Stock （1 汤匙 MAGGI 鲜鸡汁）
- 1 tbsp MAGGI Tomato Sauce （1汤匙MAGGI番茄酱）
- 1 tbsp MAGGI Chili Sauce (1汤匙MAGGI辣椒酱)
- 1 tbsp MAGGI Premium Oyster Sauce (1汤匙MAGGI蚝油)
Step 1: Steam Egg (蒸蛋白)
In a steaming bowl, whisk egg white, chicken stock and water. Transfer bowl into a hot steamer, steam egg for 15 mins.
Step 2: Cook mushroom and prawn sauce （煮蘑菇和虾酱）
In a frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil, sauté garlic and onion until it’s aromatic. Add in mushroom, stir fry till it’s ¾ cooked. Add in prawn. Once it’s ¾ cooked, add in seasoning. Mix well till both ingredients are fully cooked. Add in water and let it shimmer for 1 minute. Add in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.
Step 3: Pour sauce over egg （把酱倒在蛋白上）
Pour sauce onto the egg white and serve hot. （把酱汁倒在蒸熟的蛋白上，即可享用！）
Recipe adapted from Shirley @ Hougang
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!