Serve 'em up! Sweet, juicy and tender - all the goodness that you want from a deliciously well made Char siew. Seal in those flavours with Lona's delectable Pork Belly Char Siew recipe.
Thinking of having some Char Siew rice for lunch?
Order a serving from Lona Low on Share Food's mobile app!
Don't rush through the marinating process because that's a crucial step in this entire recipe. Leave it overnight for best results. Complement your char siew with a steamy bowl of white rice or wanton noodles and you've got yourself a winner! If you're using the pork belly (like we have) - don't forget to remove the skin so that your char siew remains nice and juicy when cooking!
Full recipe right below!
Preparation Time: 5 hours | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 5 hrs 35 mins
No. of servings: 5
- 1 kg pork belly or collar, sliced into long strips (1公斤三层肉或五花肉，切长条)
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce （2汤匙酱青）
- 2 tbsp dark soya sauce （2汤匙酱油）
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce or Hoisin sauce （2汤匙蚝油或海鲜酱）
- 2 tbsp honey （2汤匙峰蜜）
- 5 tbsp brown or white sugar （5汤匙红或白糖）
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine （1汤匙绍兴酒）
- 1 tsp sesame oil （1茶匙麻油）
- 1 tsp white pepper (1茶匙白胡椒粉)
NOTE: If using pork belly, remove the skin. It will yield a juicier and more tender but fatty Char siew 注意：如果使用三层肉，把皮去掉。这样会煮出又嫩又多汁，但稍微比较油腻的叉烧。
Cooking Directions 烹煮过程
Step 1: Marinate the pork （腌肉）
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all seasonings. Mix well until the sugar dissolves. （在一个大碗里，加入所有的调味料。拌匀，直到糖溶化。）
- Add in the pork and coat it evenly. Wrap it with a cling wrap, let the pork marinate in the chiller for a minimal of 4 hours. （将腌酱均匀的抹在肉上。用保鲜膜将碗包上，然后放入冰箱腌制至少4小时。）
Step 2: Cook the pork over the stove （用炒锅将肉煎熟）
- In a heated wok, add in the pork and marinade. (将腌好的肉和其余的腌酱放入热炒锅里。)
- Cook the pork on high heat for 15 to 20 minutes with the lid on. Flip occasionally to prevent the pork from getting burnt and to ensure that the meat is evenly coated with the marinade. If the meat is not cooked and the has become too thick, add in a little water. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. The char siew is ready when most of the marinade becomes thick.（盖上盖子，用大火煎15到20分钟。每5分钟将肉翻倒另一边，以确保肉不会烧焦，酱汁也能均匀抹在肉上。如果肉还没熟但酱汁已经干了，您可以倒入少许的水。）
Step 3: Grill the Char Siew in the oven （将叉烧放入烘箱里）
- Preheat the oven at 200 Degree Celsius （将烤箱预热200摄氏度）
- Line the baking sheet with baking paper, transfer the Char Siew and remaining gravy over. (将烘焙纸放在烤板上。把叉烧和剩余的酱汁放在烤板上。)
- Place it on the lowest rack in the oven and allow it to grill for 3 to 6 mins. If you prefer it to be more charred, grill for a new more minutes. Flip the char siew and allow it to grill for another 3 to 6 minutes. （将它放在烤箱最低的架，烤3 至 6分钟。如果您喜欢较焦一点，您可以烤多几分钟。把肉取出，翻到另一面，再考3至6分钟。）
Step 4: Let cool & ready to serve （冷却后，即可享用！）
- Once it is cooked, remove from oven. Let cool. Slice the meat and ready to serve! （一旦烤熟，从烤箱中取出。让它冷却。切成片，并即可享用！）
Recipe adapted from Lona Low @Simei
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!