Feeling lethargic or just simply tired from your hectic lifestyle? Well, fred not! We have the prefect meal for you! Our Home-cook, Anne has prepared a nutritious Steamed Frog Leg with Essence of Chicken meal packed with all kinds of goodness that will drive all your exhaustion away!
An alternative to white meat, the frog leg and silken beancurd are high in protein and low in calories. Topping it with a bottle of Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps will greatly boost its nutritional value especially since Cordyceps are known to have abundance of health benefits known in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Simply serve together with a bowl of warm porridge to ease yourself back at home after a long tiring day at work! Try the Steamed Frog Leg with Essence of Chicken today and feedback to us how it taste!
Preparation Time: 1hr 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 1hr 15 mins
No. of serving: 4
- 300g frog, remove veins and chop into 4 pcs each
- 1 box silken beancurd, cut into 8 even pieces
- 1 bottle of Brand’s Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps
- 5g wolf berries, soak in warm water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 thin slices of ginger, julienned
- 3 sprigs spring onions, cut 1 inch long
- ½ tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp wasabi
- Extract 2 tbsp Brand’s Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps
Frog leg seasoning
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine, shao xing
- ½ tsp sugar
- A dash of pepper
Step 1: Marinade the frog leg
- On a plate with frog meat, add in all the seasoning. Mix evenly, cling wrap the bowl and transfer it into the chiller to marinate for 1 hour.
Step 2: 45 mins later, prepare the tofu and seasoning
- Rub the cornflour on each bean curd slice. Set aside in a steaming plate.
- Mix the wasabi with Brand’s Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps. Set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the frog to steam
- Remove the frog meat from the chiller. Toss it with a pinch of sea salt.
- 20 mins later, spread some julienned ginger on the steaming plate. Lay the frog meat on the ginger and spread the remaining julienned ginger and ½ portion of wolfberries on the meat.
Step 4: Steam in a double-deck steamer
- Heat up the water in the steamer. Place in the frog and tofu in different deck, steam for 7 – 10 mins.
Step 5: Assemble and ready to serve
- Brush the wasabi mixture on each beancurd.
- Lay the frog meat on the beancurd.
- Complete the dish by pouring the remaining chicken essence and garnishing it with spring onions and remaining wolfberries. Serve immediately with rice / porridge.
Recipe adapted from Anne Leong @ Admiralty
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!