Revitalize your energy level this week with our home cook, Anne Leong's nutritious Black Herbal Chicken Soup.
Research suggests that black chicken may offer higher levels of iron and nutrients, compared to regular chicken in addition to a lower fat content. Also, the black chicken is rich in antioxidant. These antioxidant are also known as Carnosine. Sufficient intake of Carnosine is beneficial to us as it fortify the immunity, strengthen the muscles and stabilizes the nervous system! So for all you gym junkies out there, this is a perfect meal packed with all kinds of gains!
For those who have tried this dish, I'm sure you're familiar with the taste - fragrant and flavoursome with tinge of sweetness. So what's the secret to the sweetness of the soup? Dried longan and honey dates! These are the 2 ingredients that gives a natural sweetness to the soup. All in all, this soup is extremely healthy and beneficial for all in the family.
What are you waiting for?
Full recipe right below!
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 2 hr | Total Time: 2 hr 15 mins
No of Servings: 3 - 4
- 1 whole black chicken, cut into 4 portions
- 3 slices ginger
- Water – 4-5 bowls of boiling water
- Salt as seasoning
- 20g Dang Shen
- 20g Sweet Yu Zhu, slices
- 25g Huai Shan
- 10g Fu Ling
- Half a bundle of Sha Shen
- 5 dried longan
- Small handful of wolf berries
- 5 red dates
- 1 pc golden date
Step 1: Wash the herbs
- Add all the herbs into a big bowl. Pour in warm water and stir. Drain the water.
Step 2: Cook the chicken soup & ready to serve
- In a pot with 5L water, pour in the herbs. Add in the black chicken and ginger slices.
- Let it boil at high fire. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2 hrs at medium fire. Once the herbs have soften, add in salt to taste. Ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Anne Leong @ Admiralty
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!