November 14th is World Diabetes Day. Today is a special day dedicated to raising awareness for diabetes across the world.
To honor this special day, our home cook, Fong Luan, shares with us an unique, tasty and nutritious Baked Salmon Cake Sandwich recipe. What is so special about this recipe?
The secret to this healthy and wholesome sandwich lies in 3 key ingredients: Salmon, Fresh Herbs (onion and fresh basil) and Gardenia's Low GI Nutri Multi-Grain bread.
So how are these beneficial to us?
- Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which reduces the risk of getting heart disease (people suffering from type 1 and type 2 diabetes are more likely to be at risk from heart attacks).
- Improves insulin resistance which reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
2. Fresh herbs (onions and fresh basil leaves)
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- Contain antioxidants that relieve oxidative stress (it’s this stress that compounds problems in diabetics).
3. Gardenia's Nutri Multi-Grain Bread
- Low GI value of <55, compared to white bread and white rice that have GI values of >70.
- Slow release of sugar into the blood, which is most suitable for people with diabetes and those who are 'glucose intolerant'.
Not only does this sandwich help to prevent diabetes, it is also super yummy and easy to eat for the old folks and young children at home too!
What are you still waiting for? Full recipe right below!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!