It’s crunchy; it’s nutty, it’s refreshing! Fancy having something different this Christmas? Try this delicious and simple Cold Sesame Chicken Salad recipe from Home cook, Sharon Tay.
The recipe is Sharon's version of the popular Si Chuan 棒棒鸡. The famous dish name translates into "pounded" chicken,referencing the action of using a baton to pound the chicken after cooking to tenderize the tough breast meat.
In this recipe, Sharon has chose to steam the chicken as it helps to keep the meat moist. Tender chicken breast accompanied with creamy and nutty sesame dressing, this home-made Cold Sesame Chicken Salad will leave you wanting more! We would say this is the perfect Asian cold dish to balance your palate with the festive dishes this Christmas!
To further impress your guests, cucumbers and carrots can be spiralised into ribbons, making it more appealing than ever!
What are you waiting for? Grab the full recipe below now!
Preparation Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
No. of Servings: 4
- 500g boneless Chicken breast meat
- 2 Japanese cucumber
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup sesame paste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
Step 1: Spiralize cucumber and carrot
- Place the cucumber and carrot in the spiralizer. Set aside in the chiller.
Step 2: Prepare the dressing
- Mix the sesame paste, sugar, vinegar, chicken stock, sesame oil together till it forms an emulsion. Adjust the taste of the sauce as desired.
Step 3: Steam the chicken
- In a steamer, boil the water. Steam chicken for 15 mins.
- Allow it to cool and shred them finely. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Assemble and ready to serve
- Place the cucumbers and carrots into serving dish.
- Topped with chicken
- Drizzle the sauce over
- Topped with toasted sesame seeds and chilli oil.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!