Being Asians, we love our chilli. Here's a simple recipe just for you. There's a lot of ready-made chilli sauces and dips available in the market, but we love making our own. We simply love the freshness and best of all we can adjust the taste as well as the spiciness. Any dish coupled this chilli would be heavenly.
In this recipe, Homecook Anne makes her chilli chunky and with loads of texture - the way she loves it. However, if you prefer runny chilli, you can blend it to achieve a smoother and more delicate texture. Using Kenwood's Triblade blender, we saved time and the hassle to make this homemade chilli.
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? We want to know more https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-your-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
No. of servings: 5 pax
Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 10 pcs fresh red chilli, deseed and cut into small pieces
- A thumb size ginger, remove skin and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 5 limes, squeeze out juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Fresh red chilli: Deseed with gloves. Transfer to a chopper and mince it.
- Ginger: Scrap the skin using a spoon. Slice, cut into strip, then cube.
- Garlic: Use the knife to flatten it. Remove skin and mince.
Step 2: Mix the chilli and ready to serve
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients, and it is ready to be served.
- Add soya sauce, dark soya sauce or fish sauce to heighten the taste.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!