Start up your oven, and take out that wok of yours as this Crispy Roast Pork Recipe only takes 4 ingredients to make! A popular Cantonese dish that is also known as Chinese Roast Pork (Siu Yuk / Siew Yoke in Cantonese). Simple, tasty and it's also very nutritious! Recently published, a study crowned pork fat the eighth most nutritious food on the planet!
Tender and juicy on the inside and perfectly browned and crunchy on the outside. No fancy ingredients needed to achieve the crackling skin. The key to achieving it is to prick the skin all over! Time to train those arms and prick as much as you can!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? We want to know more https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-your-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
No. of servings: 5 pax
Preparation Time: 8 hrs | Cook Time: 2hrs| Total Time: 10 hrs
- 1.5kg pork belly
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
Step 1: Cook the pork belly in water
- In a large wok, heat up water. Place the pork belly into the boiling water and cook it for 20 – 30 mins until meat is fully cooked.
- Remove pork belly from water and place it on a kitchen towel. Pat dry.
- Using a fork/skewer, prick skin all over, making small holes that just puncture the surface. The more holes there are, the crispier it gets.
Step 2: Marinate the pork
- Mix salt, five spice powder and pepper into a bowl.
- Rub the marinade thoroughly onto the pork, but not on the skin.
- Leave the pork aside uncovered and skin side facing up. Let it marinate in the chiller overnight.
Step 3: Roast the pork
- Preheat the oven to 180OC. Place the meat, skin down, on the wire rack. Below the meat, place a tray to collect the excess oil that drips from the meat. Roast it for 1.5 hrs.
- Remove the wire rack and tray with oil dripping from the oven. Brush the oil dripping onto the skin.
- With the skin facing upwards, grill it for another 10 – 20 mins.
- Remove from oven, and the dish is ready to serve!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!