Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Meet the burger of your dreams. Make the juiciest and tastiest Prawn Paste Chicken Burger of them all! This Prawn Paste Chicken Burger recipe is shared by home cook Erinna Chng, who loves to cook traditional and modern dishes and shares all the amazing recipes on her website.
Prawn paste chicken (Har Cheong Gai) is a popular Chinese dish that is first marinated in shrimp paste, then dipped in batter or coat with flour mixture and deep fried. The end result is a golden crispy chicken that is bursting with flavour. This juxtaposition of Chinese cuisine with the classic American burger works incredibly well. It’s a fantastic fusion of flavours that are really intense and satisfying, and you can play with really interesting toppings.
In this recipe, we used Kee Song boneless chicken leg as the meat is tender and succulent making each bite extremely satisfying.
Mix sambal belachan and mayonnaise together and drench it over the crispy chicken leg. Sandwich it between buttery toasted buns and lay a few coral vegetable leaves on the bottom. And now you’ve got a burger unlike any burger you’ve ever had before!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
No. of servings: 2 pax
Preparation Time: 8 hrs 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 9 hrs
- 2 pcs Kee Song boneless chicken leg
- 2 pcs burger buns, slice half
- Butter spread
- 2 tbsp sambal belachan
- 2 tbsp japanese mayonnaise
- Green and red coral vegetable
Chicken Marinade (A)
- 1½ tbsp prawn paste
- 1½ tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
Coating to fry (B)
- ½ cup cornflour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
Step 1: Marinate the chicken legs
- In a large bowl, pour in ingredients (A). Mix evenly.
- Add in the Kee Song boneless chicken legs and coat it evenly.
- Place the chicken into a ziplock bag, release the air from ziplock bag, and put it in the chiller for at least 8 hours. This process helps to evenly marinate the chicken meat.
Step 2: Air Fry the chicken legs
- Preheat the Air fryer to 200oC.
- Mix ingredients (B) in a large mixing bowl.
- Wipe off excess marinade on the meat. Coat the meat with the flour mixture. Gently tap off excess flour. By tapping off excess flour, it’ll give you a beautiful golden brown chicken when fried and with lesser harden bits.
Step 3: Mix sauce for the burger
- Mix sambal belachan and mayonnaise together in a bowl.
Step 4: Prepare the burger bun
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the buns. Toast the buns for 5 mins on a frying pan. This gives the buns a bit of buttery sweetness.
Step 5: Assemble the burger and serve
- Build up an incredible burger. To serve the burger, lay a few pieces of green and purple coral vegetables on the bottom of the burger bun, place the crispy prawn paste chicken leg and drench over the sambal mayonnaise before closing the bun. Now it is ready to be served!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!