This burger packs the cheesiest punch. Delicious rice "buns" with a juicy beef patty, cheddar cheese, bacon and topped off with extra deep-fried mozzarella cheese. This cartoon themed recipe for Mrs Incredible Elastigirl Burger is shared by home cook, Kai Wen. Inspired by the launch of Disneyland's Super Stretchy Burger and the movie The Incredibles 2. This burger recipe will give you the ultimate gooey cheese stretch you've always hoped for in a burger.
Here's how you can make rice "buns" that would hold up perfectly together. In this recipe, we used PaddyKing Thai Riceberry as it has a soft texture and can be easily moulded into shape. You'll love how the rice taste when it is cooked! Not only is this a healthier alternative but a tasty one too! It is fragrant, soft and has a naturally sweet nutty flavour.
To those who are new to Thai Riceberry rice, the gorgeous deep purple colour comes from the anthocyanin content in the rice. Anthocyanin is the plant pigment that attributes to the colour of the rice and is also an indication of its high antioxidant properties. Certified by the Singapore Health Promotion Board as a healthier choice product, we highly recommend purple rice as it contains higher nutritional value and provides a great source of Vitamin B, dietary minerals, antioxidants and fibre for you and your family.
First, we cook the rice and mix it with egg and flour. Next, heat the pan and brush with a layer of oil. Scoop the rice and press it firmly into a ring mould and cook on each side till the rice is firm. Cooking the rice buns this way makes it firm and crispy on the outside while still keeping it moist and delicious on the inside.
For that perfect gooey cheese stretch, you would need a block of mozzarella cheese. Cut into 6 thick strips and coat it with a layer of flour, egg, breadcrumbs mixture. Coat once more with a layer of egg and breadcrumbs. Double coating helps to prevent the cheese from oozing when it is being deep fried. Next deep fry the cheese for about 1 minute till it is crispy and golden brown.
Not forgetting the other toppings. Grill the beef patty and bacon together on a pan and when the beef patty is almost done add on a slice of cheddar cheese.
Now to assemble, take one of the rice buns and smear a generous amount of garlic mayo, add the deep-fried mozzarella cheese sticks, beef patty with cheddar cheese, bacon and top it with another rice bun. Serve immediately.
This incredibly stretchy cheese rice burger would sure be a hit among your friends, family and the kids! Try making this and see who gets the perfect cheese pull!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
No. of servings: 2 pax
Preparation Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 beef patties
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese slice
- 4 slices bacon
- Garlic Mayo (4 tbsp kewpie mayonnaise and ½ tsp grated garlic, mix together)
Rice patty ingredients (A)
- 2 cups Thai Riceberry, rinsed
- 2 ¼ cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
Cheese stick ingredients (B)
- 1 mozzarella block, cut into 6 strips
- 80g all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Step 1: Cook the rice
- In a rice cooker bowl, place rice, water and salt. Stir ingredients and cook.
Step 2: Prepare and deep fry the mozzarella cheese sticks
- In a bowl, place breadcrumbs, thyme, parsley and garlic powder in a bowl and stir ingredients till it's mixed well.
- First coat each mozzarella stick with all-purpose flour. Shake off the excess flour.
- Next, coat it with a layer of egg.
- Continue by coating it with a layer of breadcrumb mixture.
- Coat it with another layer of egg.
- Finally, coat it with a layer of breadcrumb mixture and press the coating firmly onto the cheese stick. This process helps to prevent the cheese from oozing out when it’s frying.
- Repeat the same step for all the cheese stick.
- Preheat oil in a saucepan to 185oC. Fry 3 - 4 sticks at each time for 1 min. Cooking the cheese stick in batches helps to cook them evenly as frying too many at one time will reduce the oil temperature. Resulting in the cheese sticks not having that crispy golden brown outer crust.
Step 3: Cook the rice patty
- Mix cooked rice, egg and all-purpose flour in a bowl, stir to mix evenly.
- In a frying pan heated with oil, place the round mound in the centre of the pan. Scoop 4 tbsp rice and press it firmly into the mould. Cook for 2 mins till the rice is firm. Remove the mould, flip the rice and another 2 mins till it’s firmed. Set aside.
Step 4: Cook the bacon and beef patty in the same pan
- In a heated grill pan, brush some oil and add in bacon as well as the beef patty. When the beef patty is almost cooked, place a slice of cheddar cheese on it.
- Once it's cooked through, set aside.
Step 5: Assemble the rice burger
- Place a rice bun on a serving plate and spread a generous layer of garlic mayo.
- Add two pieces of fried mozzarella sticks and lay the beef patty with cheddar cheese on top.
- Deck on two pieces of bacon and cover with the rice bun.
- Decorate with an Incredibles icon cut out from cheese.
- Best served immediately to try that awesome stretchy cheese pull!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!