Airy, fluffy and delicate in flavour! Here's how you can make pillowy-soft chiffon cake that's filled with 22 kinds of premium grains, beans, oats and seeds. If you want to have this for breakfast, snack and dessert we won't stop you. This Healthy Multi-Grain Chiffon Cake recipe is shared by home cook Jasmine Ong, an avid home cook and baker whose tarts and pastries are highly sought after.
By adding 22 Complete Nutrimix to the classic chiffon cake, it gives the cake an irresistibly nutty flavour. It also contains special ingredients such as wheatgrass, oat bran powder, psyllium and lecithin. Wheatgrass helps in detoxification and rejuvenates the skin, while oat bran powder contains Vitamin B complex, minerals and beta glucan to support healthy blood cells. Psyllium is great to help maintain a healthy digestive system and lecithin supports healthy memory.
One serving of 22 Complete Nutrimix provides you with 15% of daily whole grain requirement. We have to admit it does not only sound impressive in terms of health value but taste exceptionally good too!
For the chiffon cake, preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celcius. Use an oven thermometer to ensure that the temperature is accurate. Sieve the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Use a stand mixer and beat egg yolks and sugar till colour turns pale. Add oil and 22 Complete Nutrimix powder, beat till mixture is combined. Pour in the flour mixture and continue beating. Add in milk gradually, 1 tbsp at a time.
In another mixing bowl, whisk egg whites on high speed till frothy. Add in sugar in 3 batches and whisk till stiff peak. Fold 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture and mix till just incorporated. Add in the rest and do not overmix as it will deflate the cake.
Pour mixture into a chiffon tin and gently tap the tin to remove air bubbles. Bake for 50mins and insert a skewer into the centre of the cake to check if it is well baked. Remove from oven and invert to cool completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature.
This wonderfully light and fluffy chiffon cake is quick and easy to grab as an on-the-go breakfast or snack! A crowd-pleasing cake with a nutty flavour that would suit the taste buds of all ages!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
|1 17 cm chiffon cake||30 mins|
Light, airy and delicate in flavour! Meet the cake that we can eat almost every day! Made with 22 kinds of premium grains, beans, oats and seeds, it is not only nutritious but irresistibly delicious! This Healthy Multi-Grain Chiffon Cake recipe is shared by home cook Jasmine Ong.
- 4 egg yolks drain off as much egg white as possible
- 10 g sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 50 g 22 Complete Nutrimix powder
- 5 tbsp full cream milk
- 4 egg whites
- 55 g sugar
- 42 g cake flour
- 38 g 22 Complete Nutrimix powder
- pinch of salt
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees Celsius. Preheat the oven with an oven thermometer to ensure that the temperature is accurate.
- Add egg yolks and sugar into the stand mixer. Whisk till the colour turns pale.
- Add oil and Complete Nutrimix powder, whisk till combined.
- Stir in flour mixture till well combined.
- As the stand mixer is beating, add in milk gradually 1 tbsp at a time. If the batter is still thick, add in more milk, 1 tbsp at a time, till you achieve a thick batter consistency that will flow down from the whisk. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk egg whites on high speed till frothy.
- Add sugar in 3 batch and whisk till stiff peak.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture. Add in the rest of the meringue and mix till just incorporated. Do not overmix as it will deflate the cake.
- Pour into a 17cm chiffon tin. Gently tap the tin to remove any air bubble.
- Bake for about 50 mins. Insert a skewer into the centre of the cake. If it is still wet, let it bake on an interval of 5 mins and check on the wetness again. If the skin is turning too brown but yet it is still wet, lower the temperature by 10 degree celcius and continue to bake.
- Remove from oven and invert to cool completely on wire rack.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!