Dang - it's good! Why eat out? When you can whip up a healthy dinner and celebrate Mother's day in the comforts of your own home? A popular confinement food, we present to you a delicious Dang Gui Chicken with Black Fungus recipe from mummy Shirley Tay. It's fragrant, tasty, healthy! Like Ginseng, Dang Gui is a medicinal herb used for centuries to treat various ailments. Although the Chinese herb is a magic tonic for both genders, dang gui is especially popular among women as a confinement food and it's known to help regulate menstruation!
Dang Gui is popularly used to make Chinese tonics, but innovative Shirley has tried it on this amazing recipe that makes the chicken fragrant and tender, and tastes wonderfully appetizing with the other addition of Black Fungus (木耳), Wolfberries (枸杞子) and Red Dates (紅棗).
Also known as Tang Kwei or Chinese Angelica Root (当归), the herb is strong in fragrance, and sweet with a tinge of bitterness. Other health benefits include treatment for cardiovascular issues, constipation, insomnia, inflammation, and women's reproductive issues. It's known that adding alcohol to the dish also helps to promote blood circulation.
Full recipe is right below!
|6 person||1 hour 30 minutes|
Dang - it's good! Why eat out? When you can whip up a healthy dinner and celebrate Mother's day in the comforts of your own home? A popular confinement food, we present to you a delicious Dang Gui Chicken with Black Fungus recipe from mummy Shirley Tay. It's fragrant, tasty, healthy!
- 1 whole chicken cut into smaller pieces（1只鸡，切成小块）
- 25 g black fungus （25克黑木耳）
- 7 red dates （7红枣）
- 2 slices angelica root Large-size（2大片当归）
- 2 tsp wolfberries （2茶匙枸杞子）
- 25 g ginger julienned （25g姜，切条）
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce （3汤匙耗油）
- 2 tsp soya sauce （2茶匙酱青）
- 1 tsp salt （1茶匙盐）
- 1 tsp cornflour （1茶匙蜀粉）
- 1 tbsp sesame oil （1汤匙麻油）
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine （1汤匙绍兴酒）
- Pinch of pepper （胡椒粉）
- Soak Angelica root, Black Fungus and Red Dates separately until they have softened. Drain the water. Cut Angelica root into small slices, remove roots from fungus, remove the seed from the red date. Set aside. （将当归，黑木耳和红枣分别浸泡至软化。排水。将当归切成小片，黑木耳除去硬根，红枣去除种子。搁置。）
- In a bowl with chicken, pour in all the marinades. Mix well, cling wrap and put it in the chiller for at least 1 hour. （在一个碗里，倒入鸡肉和所有的腌料。混合好，用保鲜膜包好，并放入冰箱腌制至少1小时。）
- On the steam plate, lay the ingredients as follow: Fungus, portion of julienned ginger, angelic root and red dates. Lay the chicken across the plate, spread the remaining herbs on it. Lastly, pour 1 tbsp of the marinade on the chicken. （在蒸盘上，按顺序摆放材料： 黑木耳，一部分的姜，当归和红枣。将鸡放在盘子上，将剩余的材料撒在鸡上。最后，将1汤匙的腌料倒在鸡肉上。）
- Once the steamer is hot, place the plate in and let it steam for approximately 20 mins. To check if chicken is cooked, use a toothpick to poke through the meat. If it can penetrate through without any resistance, the dish is ready to be serve.（一旦蒸锅热后，将鸡肉放入锅里蒸约20分钟。要检查鸡已经熟透，用牙签刺进肉里。如果能够轻松的刺透，那这道菜已经熟了。)
Recipe adapted from Shirley Tay @ Woodlands
Thinking of what's cooking next door?
Check out "Food Near Me" on Share Food mobile app to discover other amazing home cooked dishes near you!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!