One more dish to celebrate Deepavali! We have Chef James Satya’s Murgh (Chicken) Malai Tikka for everyone! To chef James, when it comes to creating new dishes, he’s always ready to face new challenges and also willing to go beyond boundaries to create and excite people with his new food creations. This Murgh Malai Chicken Tikka is also a healthier re-creation by Chef James, as regular cream was used instead of heavy cream and olive oil is used instead of the popular ghee or butter which are being frequently used in Indian dishes and that’s exactly why we love home cooked food! The ‘feel good’ factor of cooking a dish healthier makes cooking and eating enjoyable!
|5 people||1 hour 15 minutes|
This Murgh Malai Chicken Tikka is also a healthier re-creation by Chef James, as regular cream was used instead of heavy cream and olive oil is used instead of the popular ghee or butter which are being frequently used in Indian dishes and that’s exactly why we love home cooked food! The ‘feel good’ factor of cooking a dish healthier makes cooking and eating enjoyable!
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (1汤匙柠檬汁)
- ½ tbsp salt (½汤匙盐)
- 4 pieces chicken breasts boneless and skinless, weigh approx 510g, cut into 2cm pieces (4个无骨和无皮的鸡胸肉，约510克，切成2厘米块)
- 4 tbsp Greek-style natural unsweetened yogurt (4汤匙天然无糖酸奶)
- 2 tbsp Cream (2汤匙奶油)
- ½ inch ginger fresh （½寸姜）
- 3 cloves garlic chopped roughly （3瓣大蒜切成大块）
- ½ tbsp garam masala powder （½茶匙 Garam Masala 粉）
- 4 green cardamoms ground seeds only （4个绿色Cardamom，把种子磨成粉）
- ½ tsp ground cumin （½茶匙孜然粉）
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder （½茶匙豆蔻粉）
- 2 green chilli padi finely chopped （2个小青辣椒，切成小块）
- 1 tbsp mustard oil （1汤匙芥末油）
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oilve oil （1汤匙特级初榨橄榄油)
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese finely grated (2汤匙切达干酪，细条)
- 10 wooden squeezers soak in water (10木榨, 浸泡在水里)
- 1 cup mint leaves fresh and chopped (1杯新鲜的薄荷叶，切碎)
- 1 cup coriander leaves fresh and chopped （1杯新鲜，切碎）
- 1 green chili add more chillies if you want the chutney to be spicy ( 1个绿小辣椒，如果您喜欢辣，添加更多的辣椒)
- ½ inch ginger （½寸姜）
- 1 tsp cumin powder （1茶匙孜然粉）
- 1 or 2 tablespoon lemon juice （1或2汤匙柠檬汁，随意）
- salt as desired （盐随意）
- Sprinkle lemon juice and salt over the chicken pieces cover and set aside. （在鸡块上，撒上柠檬汁和盐。放在一边。）
- Mix yogurt, cream, ginger，garlic, cardamoms seeds, garam masala powder, cumin, nutmeg powder, chillies, mustard oil, and cheese and blend into a smooth paste. Pour over the chicken, make sure well coated, and marinate the meat for 1 hour, covered, in the refrigerator. (把酸奶，奶油，姜，大蒜，Cardamoms 种子,garam masala粉，孜然，豆蔻粉，青辣椒，芥末油和奶酪，倒入搅拌机里。搅拌后，倒在鸡块上，均匀的混合。包上保鲜膜， 放入冰箱，腌制1小时。)
- Serve the Chicken Tikka with your favorite sauce or you may serve it with Mint Chutney. (配搭您喜爱的酱汁或自做印度薄荷酸辣酱， 一起享用。)
- In a blender, blend mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chili, ginger, Cumin powder, lemon juice, ½ cup of water, till smooth. Add in salt to taste. （如何制作薄荷酸辣酱：在搅拌机中，倒入薄荷叶，芫荽叶，绿辣椒，姜，孜然粉，柠檬汁，½杯水，一起搅拌。加入盐，调味。）
Recipe adapted from Chef James Satya
Find out which air fryer is the best in the market here!
Do you love to cook and/or bake?
Join us as Share Food Ambassador and enjoy exclusive privileges!
Share Food is looking for home cooks and home bakers to be featured in videos and get free cookware and kitchenware! Register your interest by dropping us an email at email@example.com
Find us on both Facebook and Instagram
Instagram – goo.gl/qTRTlg
Facebook – goo.gl/KGbFcr
Website – https://www.sharefood.sg/