Tender chicken thighs marinated with Korean spices and topped with a mozzarella pull – this sweet and savoury dish spells addictive to me!
Don’t be intimidated by its name. It may look hot and spicy, but it certainly is not!
If you think about it, most Cheesy Korean Chicken recipes found online are meant for the chili lovers. Dishes like this send numbness to your tongue at just the first bite. Apparently, it is said that Koreans eat extremely spicy food as a form of stress relief. However, as some Singaporeans do not have a tolerance for very spicy foods, we have designed this recipe specially for you!
This recipe is proudly shared by home cook, Corinne Chua. As cheesy as it sounds, we can guarantee every one of you will love this dish!
Using Tefal’s Ingenio Frying Pan, this one-pot dish makes cooking convenient and space-savvy. Which means that you can cook, bake, and serve, all in one pot! In other words, let’s be thankful for less washing after you’ve done the laborious work of cooking!
The Tefal Ingenio is a revolutionary concept built around patented detachable handles. The stainless-steel handle is cleverly designed such that it attaches and detaches easily, and yet securely fastens with just a click.
Besides this, the pan comes with a non-stick surface as well! Non-stick pans are known to be easily cleaned, washed and put away! So tell us, what’s not to love about this frying pan? Here are the ingredients you will require: chicken thighs, mozzarella cheese, Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste), Gochugaru (Korean Hot Pepper Flakes), sugar, chicken stock, vegetable oil, ground black pepper, soya sauce, spring onion, garlic cloves and ginger.
First, marinate the chicken.
Transfer the chicken thighs into the pan. Combine the hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, soy sauce, vegetable oil, ground black pepper, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a bowl.
Mix well using your hands. Allow the chicken to sit for at least 20 minutes.
Next, add in the chicken stock. Chicken stock helps to enhance the flavours of the dish tremendously and makes the entire dish a lot tastier.
Bring the pot to a stove and cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Stir the chicken occasionally to make sure that it does not get burned.
Reduce to a very low heat and cook for another 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
Once the chicken is cooked, sprinkle cheese over the top generously.
Transfer pan to oven to bake for 7 minutes at 230°C, or until all the cheese has melted.
Sprinkle with spring onions. Your dish is now ready to be served!
Say cheese! Try this recipe out and let us know how well it turned out!
To find out more about Tefal’s latest INGENIO Cookware, click here!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
- 1.2 kg boneless chicken thigh cut into 2.5 cm cubes, pat dry
- 250 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 spring onion chopped for garnish
- 4.5 tbsp Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste)
- 3/4 cup Gochugaru (Korean Hot Pepper Flakes)
- 120 g sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp soya sauce
- 9 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 tsp ginger minced
- In a frying pan, pour in chicken, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, soy sauce, vegetable oil, ground black pepper, sugar, garlic, and ginger. Mix well using hands.
- Set aside in room temperature and let it marinate for 20 minutes. #Tip: If you are marinating the chicken for more than 20 minutes, cover it with the lid and transfer it into the chiller.
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C using top heat.
- Pour the chicken stock onto the marinated chicken. Attach the pan handle and transfer it to the cooktop.
- Cover with glass lid and cook it over medium high heat for 8 minutes. Remove the lid and stir it to prevent the chicken from getting burnt.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for another 5 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Spread cheese over the chicken and transfer into the oven's middle tray.
- Remove the frying pan handle. Broil it for 7 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted, bubbled and browned.
- Attach the handle, remove the pan from oven.
- Place the pan on the dining table, garnish with spring onion. Serve immediately.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!