These Lychee Prawn Balls are a simple yet supremely impressive dish! Perfect for any type of social gatherings like cocktail parties and bbq nights. The golden brown crust is crispy on the outside while the unique combination of Lychee adds a delightfully sweet twist to the inside. Our recipe contribution comes from home cook, Belinda Tang, who has had a fair share of parties at her Serangoon Gardens apartment! She recommends to use Lychees by HOSEN for its size and consistency! We couldn't have agreed more.
Looking to expand your menu on Share Food? Cook this dish and pair it with Wasabi Mayonnaise or Chilli sauce and you're going to rock the neighbourhood and send tremors all over Singaporean with these deliciously crunchy Lychee Prawn Balls!
|6 people||30 minutes|
These Lychee Prawn Balls are a simple yet supremely impressive dish! Perfect for any type of social gatherings like cocktail parties and bbq nights. The golden brown crust is crispy on the outside while the unique combination of Lychee adds a delightfully sweet twist to the inside.
- 250 g prawn approximately 10 medium size prawns. De-shelled and de-veined (250克虾，约10个中形的虾.去壳和静脉。)
- 1 can hosen lychee （1罐荔枝）
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce （3汤匙酱青）
- 1 tbsp potato starch (1汤匙太白粉)
- 2 eggs beaten (2粒鸡蛋，拌匀)
- 150 g japanese panko breadcrumbs （150克日本Panko面包屑）
- 100 g potato starch (100克太白粉)
- 3 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise （3汤匙奶黄酱）
- 1 teaspoon wasabi (1茶匙芥末酱)
- Step 1: De-shell and de-vein the Prawns. Chop them into small pieces. Marinate with light soy sauce and 1 tbsp of Potato Starch. (把虾的壳和静脉去掉，切成小碎块。在一个碗里，把1汤匙太白粉和酱青与虾拌匀。)
- Step 2: Stuff the Prawn paste into Lychee. Coat it with a layer of Egg – Potato flour – Egg - Breadcrumbs. （把虾放进荔枝里。粘上蛋 - 太白粉 - 蛋 - 面包屑。）
- Step 3: Deep fry the Lychee Prawns until golden brown. （在一个热锅里，炸至荔枝虾球变金黄色.）
- Step 4: Mix Mayonnaise and Wasabi together, and serve it with the Lychee Prawn Balls (将奶黄酱和芥末酱拌匀。和荔枝虾球一起享用。)
Recipes adapted from Belinda Kirsten Tang
Do you love to cook and/or bake?
Join us as Share Food Ambassador and enjoy exclusive privileges!
Share Food is looking for home cooks and home bakers to be featured in videos and get free cookware and kitchenware! Register your interest at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe
Find us on both Facebook and Instagram
Instagram – goo.gl/qTRTlg
Facebook – goo.gl/KGbFcr
Website – https://www.sharefood.sg/