A healthy breakfast provides many health benefits and most importantly, energy to kickstart your day. But to reap these benefits, one must ensure that what you’re putting into your body is healthy. With that being said, today we’ll be sharing with you a healthy breakfast recipe by Jessie Koey. Here’s bringing to you, Nutrimix Chia Seed Bread.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this simple recipe: bread flour, Good Lady 22 Complete Nutrimix with Chia Seeds, instant yeast, salt, maple syrup, pumpkin or sunflower seeds and a loaf pan! In this recipe, we’ve decided to use pumpkin seeds to add a little bit of crunch! Feel free to switch it out to any of your favorite nuts to enhance the flavour of the bread!
To prepare the bread dough, mix in bread flour, Nutrimix, pumpkin seeds, instant yeast and salt into a mixing bowl and mix evenly. Did you know that the high fibre and protein in chia seeds can help you to lose weight? This superfood is loaded with antioxidants that builds strong immunity and it contains essential minerals to build strong bones as well!
Next, dissolve maple syrup in warm water and pour the maple syrup water gradually into the flour mixture before mixing it with a spatula. Make sure that your water is not too hot as it will affect the yeast, causing your bread not to rise properly while proofing! Once the remaining water has been added into the mixture, mix evenly till no flour is visible and the dough should come to a sticky consistency. Transfer to a greased loaf pan lined with baking paper and cover it with a dry cloth to proof till it doubles in size.
It’s time for baking! Do remember to pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees beforehand while the bread dough is proofing. Proceed to transfer the dough to the oven to bake. Once it’s baked, do remember to consume it when it is still fresh!
A healthy lifestyle starts with eating healthy. The trend of consuming superfood is on the rise and remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So what are you waiting for? Try out this simple and healthy recipe today!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
|1 loaves||20 minutes|
A healthy breakfast provides many health benefits and most importantly, energy to kickstart your day. But to reap these benefits, one must ensure that what you’re putting into your body is healthy. With that being said, today we’ll be sharing with you a healthy breakfast recipe by Jessie Koey. Here’s bringing to you, Nutrimix Chia Seed Bread
- 450 g bread flour sifted
- 70 g Good Lady 22 Complete Nutrimix with Chia Seeds
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 480 ml warm water just enough to dissolve the maple syrup
- 30 g pumpkin / sunflower seeds
- 1 loaf pan medium, 225mm x 130mm x 60mm
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, Nutrimix, pumpkin seeds, yeast and salt. Mix evenly.
- Dissolve maple syrup in the warm water.
- Pour 1/3 of the maple syrup water into the flour mixture and mix it using a spatula. Pour in half of the remaining water, stir to mix again. Lastly, add in the remaining water. Mix evenly till no flour is visible, and a sticky dough is form.
- Transfer to a greased loaf pan lined with baking paper. Cover with dry cloth and leave it to proof for about 20 – 30 mins or until the dough double in size.
- While the bread is proofing, pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees
- Once the dough is ready, transfer to the oven and bake for 40 mins.
- Best eaten when it’s fresh. However, you can keep for 2 days in an air-tight container.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!