Tired after a long day of work and just want to prepare a healthy, delicious and quick dinner for your partner and yourself? Give this recipe a go! Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner for 2 is your latest go-to for a quick home-cooked dinner fix. This recipe was generously shared by home-cooks, Yee Siong & Jia Xin.
Not only is this Steamed Chicken with Chinese Sausage and Steamed Eggs recipe easy to prepare, it tastes delicious too! The steamed meat is soft and tender, and the steamed eggs are tasty and rich with flavours! It’ll surely leave you wanting more! Just a tip: You may want to prepare more rice because this dish is really addictive!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need: boneless chicken legs, eggs, rice, chicken broth, Chinese sausage, sugar, salt, sesame oil, dark soya sauce, light soya sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, corn starch, pepper, ginger, salt, pepper and water, spring onion and fried shallots.
Firstly, prepare the chicken and ingredients.
Cut the Chinese sausage into halves. . Soak the Chinese sausage in a cup of warm water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the ginger into strips. After 5 minutes, de-skin the Chinese sausage and slice it into thin slices.
In a bowl with the chicken, add in all the seasonings and mix evenly.
Lay the seasoned ginger and Chinese sausage into a steaming bowl and allow it to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Secondly, prepare the egg.
In a bowl, combine eggs, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Sieve them into the steaming bowl.
Thirdly, prepare the rice.
Split the rice into 2 bowls and add ½ cup water into each bowl.
Lastly, bring the dishes to steam.
Now, place chicken, eggs and 2 servings of rice into the steamer. This Brandt’s oven allows you to steam multiple dishes without transferring its flavours to the other food items in the same oven.
Brandt’s steam oven allows the eggs to be cooked perfectly with no bumps or holes. Here’s a tip - After steaming the eggs at 100°C, you can reduce the temperature to 30°C or 40°C once they are cooked – this allows the dishes to be kept warm before serving time.
The use of gentle heat at 100°C helps to retain vitamins, minerals and nutrients of the food.
It also allows the eggs to be cooked perfectly with no bumps and holes. Here’s a tip! After steaming, you can reduce the temperature to 30°C or 40°C to keep it warm to the point of before serving.
With Brandt’s steam oven, you can now prepare a complete meal easily and quickly every night!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
- spring onion chopped for garnishing
- fried shallots for garnishing
- 2 whole boneless chicken legs cut into bite size
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/4 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 slices ginger cut into strips
- 1/2 stalk spring onion cut finely for garnishing
- 1 large chinese sausage sliced or as desired
- 250 ml chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 180 g rice rinsed
- 200 ml water
- Cut the chinese sausage into halved. Soak the chinese sausage in a cup of warm water for 5 mins. Pull to remove the skin and slice it into thin pieces.
- Cut the ginger into strips.
- In a bowl with the chicken, add in all the seasonings and mix evenly. Transfer it into the steaming bowl, lay ginger and chinese sausage on it. Cling wrap and let it marinate for at least 20 mins.
- In a bowl, mix egg, chicken broth, salt and pepper together. Pass through a sieve into the steaming bowl.
- Split the rice into 2 bowls and add ½ cup water into each bowl.
- Place in the chicken, egg and 2 bowls of rice.
- Steam it at 100 degree Celcius for 25 mins.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!