Just one bite and you’ll be hooked! These cheese tarts are filled with gooey, oozy and creamy cheese, bedded on a crispy, buttery pastry, making it a perfect afternoon snack. Using three different types of cheeses, you’re bound to have a cheesy good time! Presenting to you home-cook Judy’s signature pastry, Creamy Cheese Tarts!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need: ready-made short crust tart shells, egg yolks, cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, parmesan cheese, salted butter, milk, icing sugar, corn starch, vanilla extract and orange liquor.
Firstly, use the bain marie technique for the fillings. Melt cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, parmesan cheese, butter, milk and eggs using double boiler method, over gentle heat. Add in vanilla extract and orange liquor.
Add in icing sugar and corn starch to thicken the mixture. Whisk well until you achieve a smooth consistency.
Next, strain the cheese mixture to remove any lumps.
Transfer the mixture into a piping bag.
Tie it up and freeze it for at least 30 minutes till it thickens and solidifies.
Lastly, send your tarts to bake!
Preheat the Brandt’s oven with the “Back Fan” mode for 30 minutes. If you’re like Judy and loves to share, I’m sure you’ll love this oven for its large capacity as it allows you to bake in large quantities for a huge crowd!
Now, place tart shells on the baking trays. Pipe the cheese filling into the tart shells evenly.
After piping, brush a layer of egg yolk on top.
Transfer the cheese tarts into the oven and bake it for 7 minutes or until the top is slightly brown.
With our experience in baking throughout the years, we have come to realise that baking cheese tarts are not as easy as it seems. We have to constantly check the tarts in the oven to ensure that they do not overbake and get burnt.
Fortunately, with Brandt’s oven, you will never have to worry about having burnt pastries ever again! The oven has been specially built with the technology that allows a uniform temperature to be regulated all around the cavity so the texture is consistent throughout the baked goods. This high technology is called Quattro Pulse Technology. Another merit to this oven is its double glass oven door which blocks out heat very well so this will help with the overall heat in the kitchen!
There you have it – Creamy Cheese Tarts that your guests will surely love! Give it a go and let us know if this recipe works out for you!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at https://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
- 24 ready-made short crust tart shells
- 3 egg yolks as egg wash
- 200 g cream cheese
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 60 g parmesan cheese
- 60 g icing sugar
- 60 g salted butter
- 160 g milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2.5 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange liquor
- Melt cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, parmesan cheese, butter, milk and eggs using double boiler method, over gentle heat.
- Add in vanilla extract and orange liquor.
- Add in icing sugar and corn starch to thicken the mixture.
- Mix till a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag, tie it up and freeze it for at least 30 minutes till it thickens and become custard texture.
- Preheat the oven @ 170oC with Brandt’s “Back Fan” mode for 30 mins.
- Place 12 tarts each on the 2 baking trays.
- Cut a small hole on the piping bag. Pipe the cheese filling into the tart shell. Brush a layer of egg yolk on top.
- Transfer the cheese tarts into the oven and bake it for 7 mins or until the top is slightly brown.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!