Does the humid weather make you crave something light and refreshing? This week, we are sharing with you a unique Konnyaku dessert recipe that will help you beat the heat. This Japanese plant-based jelly is light, chewy and we are sure you will love our Singaporean twist to it - Ribena with Milk Konnyaku dessert!
The Ribena Milk Konnyaku Dessert recipe is the last of our 4-part Ribena recipe series. Here are the other 3 Ribena-infused recipes that are tasty and easy to make too!
Ribena Air Fried Chicken Drumettes
For those who love a simple and easy dish, this recipe ticks all the boxes. Ribena Cordial is used as the main ingredient for this dessert.
Lending its natural purple hues to the different layers of Konnyaku dessert, it adds vibrancy to this Insta-worthy dessert!
Here are the ingredients that you will need: Ribena Cordial, water, Konnyaku powder, fresh milk, whipped cream, blackcurrant, Ribena Pastilles, and mint leaves.
Let’s start with the first step.
Step 1: Prepare the first layer – Ribena layer
Fill a deep dish with rice grains until half full. Place a glass into the grains and tilt it to a desired angle as this helps to secure the glass. This angle will determine the shape of the first Konnyaku layer. Remember to get a microwavable glass so that it can withstand the heat when the hot Konnyaku liquid is poured into it.
In a saucepan, add in Ribena Cordial and water.
Turn on the heat to low-medium. When it starts to simmer, add in the Konnyaku powder. Stir the mixture with a spatula until all the Konnyaku powder has fully dissolved.
Once the mixture is simmering, remove from the heat and pour the mixture into the glass until almost full or as desired.
Let it cool for a while before transferring the dish to the chiller to set for at least an hour.
It is important for the liquid to cool first before chilling in the fridge as a sudden change in temperature may damage the glass.
Step 2: Prepare the second layer - Ribena Milk layer
To make the second layer, we will be repeating the steps from the first layer.
Add the Ribena Cordial and fresh milk into the pan and heat it up on low heat. Remember not to turn it up to high heat as the milk will curdle. Add in the Konnyaku powder, simmer and stir till the powder has fully dissolved.
Remove from heat once the mixture is simmering.
Remove the glass from the chiller. To get a perfect slanted pattern, we will require the coordination of both hands to pour the second layer in. While the cup is still slanted, slowly pour in the milk layer using one hand and the other hand to straighten the cup gradually to upright position. Fill up the glass till it reaches the same height as the first layer.
Allow it to cool before placing the glass back to the fridge and allowing the Konnyaku dessert to set for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3: Assemble and serve
Once the Konnyaku dessert has set, all you have to do is to garnish and serve!
Top the glass with the whipped cream as you desire. Then, add the fresh blackberry, Ribena Pastilles and mint leaves. You can add any additional toppings as you like, get creative and have fun with it!
With that, your Ribena Milk Konnyaku Dessert is ready!
Mildly sweet, fruity, and smooth, the Konnyaku dessert is light and refreshing with the flavour of Ribena. This is definitely a great dessert to have at the end of a heavy meal!
This classy dessert is easy to make at the comfort of your own kitchen. If there is a birthday or anniversary coming up, it is the perfect dessert to show your appreciation for that special person! Prepare this dessert in advance as you can chill it for up to 2 days.
If you do try out our Ribena Milk Konnyaku Dessert recipe, we want to see your creative spin on it. Share a picture on your social media and tag @Sharefood.sg and @Ribenasg to show us how you would make this dessert your own!
Get the recipe here below!
- 50 ml ribena cordial
- 150 ml water
- 2 tsp konnyaku powder or follow the reccomended amount to water on the packaging
- 50 ml ribena cordial
- 150 ml fresh milk
- 1 tsp konnyaku powder or follow the reccomended amount to water on the packaging
- Whipped cream
- 1 blackcurrant
- 1 Ribena Pastille
- mint leaves
- In a deep dish, pour in grains. Place the cup into the rice grain and slant the glass to your desired position.
- In a small saucepan, pour in the Ribena Cordial and water. Heat it up till it simmers. Add in Konnyaku powder and stir till the powder is fully dissolved. Turn off the flame.
- Pour into the slanted cup till the desired height.
- Let it cool down, transfer to the chiller and let it set for 1 hour.
- Take the glass out from the chiller. Proceed with this step only if the first layer has firmed up.
- In a small saucepan, pour in the Ribena Cordial and milk. Heat it up slightly. Add in Konnyaku powder and stir till the powder is fully dissolved. Turn off the flame.
- While the glass is still in its slanted position, gently pour the liquid into the cup and gradually straighten the glass to an upright position.
- Let it cool down, transfer to the chiller, and let it set for 30 mins.
- Squeeze whipped cream on top
- Top it up with blackcurrant, Ribena Pastille, and mint leaves, then serve.