Start your day right with this hearty and healthy breakfast! It's protein-packed and flavorsome. We would say, this dish will "had you at hello" on your 1st bite. Broccoli and Chicken breast are the key ingredients of this dish and both are rank as the top 10 protein-rich food. To retain it's nutrients, steaming method is used to pre-cook the ingredients. Steaming moisturizes the breast meat which is the less juicy part of the chicken and also eliminate the need of using oil to cook the chicken. After which, the taste is further enhanced with the smokey ham and a tinge of tanginess from the fresh onion and garlic. Finally, topping it up with melted cheddar and mozzarella cheese is something that hardly anybody can resist.
If you do have a little more time to prepare breakfast, fry a sunny-side up or chop some tomatoes, this combination will leave you wanting more. Try our Double Cheese Broccoli Chicken Sandwich today! Enjoy!
Looking for more protein-pack food? Check this recipe out: Oven-Baked Chicken Nugget with Mozzarella Cheese 鸡块和莫扎里拉奶酪
|2 people||10 minutes|
Start your day right with this hearty and healthy breakfast! It's protein-packed and flavorsome. We would say, this dish will "had you at hello" on your 1st bite. If you do have a little more time to prepare breakfast, fry a sunny-side up or chop some tomatoes, this combination will leave you wanting more.
- 2 slices bread (2片面包)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese cut into short stripes (2片切达奶酪切成短条)
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese grated (3汤匙磨碎莫扎里拉奶酪
- 2 slices picnic ham finely chopped, in squares (2片野餐火腿, 切碎)
- 250 g chicken breast sliced (1个250克鸡胸肉，切片)
- 6 broccoli florets (6小朵西兰花)
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped（1瓣小蒜，去皮，切碎）
- ½ shallot small, finely chopped (1/2瓣小洋葱, 去皮，切碎）
- ¼ teaspoon salt to marinate chicken breast (¼茶匙盐，腌鸡胸肉)
- ½ teaspoon pepper to marinate chicken breast (1/2 茶匙胡椒粉，腌鸡胸肉)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch to marinate chicken breast (1茶匙太白粉，腌鸡胸肉)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (1汤匙橄榄油)
- Step 1 – Marinate chicken breast: Slice the chicken breast and marinate with salt and pepper, coated with corn starch. (步骤1：把盐,胡椒粉和太白粉摩在鸡胸肉片上。)
- Step 2 – Steam chicken breast and broccoli: In a wok with steaming rack, boil water for 2 mins. Remove lid and place the chicken breast into the wok. Steam for 10 mins, remove from the wok. In the same wok, add in more water, steam broccoli for 5 mins. (步骤2：把蒸架放入抄锅里， 煮热2大碗的水。当水煮开了以后，把鸡肉片放入锅里蒸。10分钟后，把鸡胸肉拿出。在同一个锅里加水，放入西兰花蒸上5分钟。)
- Step 3 – Process chicken breast and broccoli: Shred the chicken and mash the broccoli. (步骤3：撕碎鸡肉和捣碎的西兰花。)
- Step 4 – Cook the filling: In a saucepan, add in and stir fry the ingredients in the following sequence: Olive oil, shredded chicken breast, ham, garlic, onion, mashed broccoli, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. (步骤4：在一个锅里，按以下顺序加入食料翻炒：橄榄油，鸡肉丝, 火腿, 大蒜，洋葱, 西兰花，切达和磨碎莫扎里拉奶酪。)
- Step 5 – Place 2 spoonful of filling on the toasted bread and serve. (步骤5：将2大匙的馅放在烤面包上。)
- Preparation for weekday’s breakfast: Do step 1 – 3 and mix it with the chopped ham, seal it in an airtight container and keep it in the chiller. Next day, cook the chilled items with the freshly chopped garlic and onion with both cheeses. (准备平日早餐：执行步骤1 – 3, 将切碎的火腿混匀，倒入密封的盒子里，放入冰箱。第二天，执行步骤4-5)
- Packing this sandwich to office? Note the 2 tips below: (如果您带三明治到办公室，请注意以下提示)
- Do not toast the bread as the texture of the crust will turn springy after it cools down. The sandwich will still taste good when eaten with white bread. (当烤面包冷却后，面包皮会变的有弹性，很难咀嚼。)
- Do not pre-mix the garlic and onion into the mixture (shredded chicken breast, broccoli and ham) the night before as both will emit a strong smell in the office when the sandwich box is open and it will also leave a garlicky breath after eating it. (不要在前一天晚上预先把大蒜，洋葱与鸡胸肉，花椰菜和火腿混合在一起。因为隔了一夜的大蒜和洋葱会在您打开三明治盒子时散发出强烈的气味。您的气息也会有大蒜的味道。)
Do you love to cook and/or bake?
Join Share Food as Founding Members and enjoy exclusive privileges!
Share Food is looking for home cooks and home bakers to be featured in videos and get free cookware and kitchenware! Register your interest at www.sharefood.sg/sharefood
Find us on both Facebook and Instagram
Instagram - goo.gl/qTRTlg
Facebook - goo.gl/KGbFcr
Website - www.sharefood.sg/sharefood