Not only is this recipe from a professional chef, but it is also an award winning dish. Chef James Satya recently clinched the award of the first runner up at World Kitchen's 'Cook with Love' cooking contest. Clinching the 1st runner up title in this competition, holds special meaning for James especially since he did it with his beloved wife. Putting in his culinary expertise and his wife's killer taste buds - they created a dish that is bold, strong and extremely flavourful.
At Share Food Singapore, we inspire to aspire and so we challenged ourselves to learn and put this recipe together for you to share and learn! Please share with us your own experiences and recipes and we'll turn it from paper to screens and better yet onto the table!
Chef James' full recipe is right below!
|4 person||1 hour|
Not only is this recipe from a professional chef, but it is also an award winning dish. Chef James Satya recently clinched the award of the first runner up at World Kitchen's 'Cook with Love' cooking contest. Putting in his culinary expertise and his wife's killer taste buds - they created a dish that is bold, strong and extremely flavourful.
- 120 gm spaghetti (120克意面)
- 2 salmon fillets 90gm each, skin remove （2片90克三文鱼）
- 180 g young asparagus remove ½ inch of the bottom part （180克小芦笋，切掉底部1/2英寸）
- 2 tbsp butter （2汤匙奶油）
- 3 cloves garlic minced （3瓣大蒜，切碎)
- salt （盐）
- ground black pepper （黑胡椒粉）
- 50 g butter (50克奶油)
- 60 gm white onion small dice （60克白洋葱，切小块）
- ¼ cup plain flour （¼杯面粉）
- 2½ cups milk （2½杯鲜奶）
- 30 gm grated cheddar cheese （30克达干酪，磨碎）
- 30 gm grated parmesan cheese （30克马干酪，磨碎）
- 20 gm cream cheese (20克奶酪)
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and place the salmon fillet in the pan, skin side down. Cook for 5 mins. （在不粘煎锅中，用中高火热2汤匙油。将热量降低到中低温，将三文鱼片放入锅里，将皮肤侧面向下。煮5分钟。）
- Flip to the other side of the fillet and let it cook for another 5 mins. Flip it back and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer the fillet and drain the excess oil on plate with paper towel. （翻转到另一边，让它再煮5分钟。翻回另一面，再煮2分钟。熄火，把三文鱼放在纸巾上，把多余的油吸掉。）
- In a pan, heat up 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add in garlic, asparagus, salt and pepper. Sauté it. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat. Set aside.（在一个锅里，用中等火热2汤匙的奶油。加入蒜末，芦笋，盐和胡椒粉，翻炒。一旦芦笋变嫩，熟度恰好。熄火，备用。）
- Boil water with a pinch of salt and cook spaghetti as per package instruction until al dente. Drain the cooked spaghetti, put it into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Remove from cold water and set aside. Scoop up 1 cup pasta water.（在煮沸的水中加入一点盐，按照包装说明将意大利面煮熟。 将意大利面从热水取出，放入一碗冷水里，取出，备用。把1杯意面水留起来。）
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add flour. Stir it constantly until it bubbles. Stir in milk gradually. (在一个锅里，用中等火热50克奶油。将洋葱炒到半透明。加入面粉，不断搅拌直到煮沸。渐渐的加入鲜奶。)
- Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Add in all the cheese. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Add in cooked spaghetti and ½ cup pasta water. Toss with tongs until pasta are fully coated. Season with salt and pepper. (把它煮沸后，将热量减到中火。加入所有的奶酪。持续搅拌直至奶酪酱变稠。加入熟意面和½杯意面水。用钳子擀面，直到意面与酱混合均匀。加入盐和胡椒粉调味。)
- Transfer spaghetti into a serving plate, place salmon and asparagus on it. Garnish with parmasean cheese and ready to serve. (将意大利面条放入盘里，将三文鱼和芦笋放在上面。撒上马干奶酪并准备服务。)
Recipe adapted from Chef James Satya @ Ang Mo Kio
Download Share Food mobile app and order a serving of delicious home cooked food today!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!