Are restaurants all booked out for Valentine’s Day? Treat your partner to a lovely home-cooked steak dinner airfried with love instead! Preparing steak at home may sound scary or difficult. However, Sharefood’s co-founder Peiwen’s 5 Minutes Air-fried Steak and Salad recipe is quick, easy, and sure to impress your date!
Celebrity chefs like Gordon Ramsey taught us that cooking steak calls for a cast iron pan. But cast iron pans are pretty heavy and do not work on induction cookers. Also, oil splatters and smoke from cooking steak the traditional way do not make for a romantic ambience at all.
Hence, the air-fryer which is enclosed, easy to use, and requires minimal clean-up is a god-send alternative. It gives the steak a beautifully seared crust and perfect juicy medium-well without all the hassle! All you have to do is pop a 1-inch thick steak into a preheated air fryer for 5 minutes (adjust the temperature or timing accordingly if your steak is thicker or thinner), and dinner is ready! We recommend getting the Ribeye steak as it has a perfect balance of lean-to-fat ratio which makes it tender. This cut is also easy to cook and already has a great flavour.
You can choose to flavour your steak however you like it. For this recipe, we used SCS Rosemary and Herb butter to save time on making compound butter from scratch and to give the meat a delicious herby aroma. For the sides, you can simply put anything you like, it can be salad, corn, baked potato or even pasta!
Whether you are partnered or happily single, this is an easy luxurious dinner you can whip up anytime. The approximate cost for this recipe as of February 2023 is $17.90 only.
|250g Ribeye Steak||$15|
|Mix salad, 1 portion||$1.60|
|Feta Cheese, 1 portion||$0.50|
|Cherry Tomato, 2||$0.50|
So, skip out on the rising costs of eating out and capitalising on Valentine’s Day for a truly romantic and delicious 5 Minutes Air-fried Steak and Salad dinner in the comfort of your home!
- 1 Ribeye steak 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Rosemary & Herb Butter optional
- Mixed salad vegetables washed
- cherry tomatoes
- Feta Cheese with Olive
- Dab any excess moisture off the surface of the steak. Season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the air fryer at 200°C for 6 mins.
- When the timer hit 5 mins, pull out the tray and airfry the steak for the remaining 5 mins. Total cook time will depend on the thickness of your steak as well as your desired doneness.
- While waiting for the steak to be ready, prepare the salad and lay it on the serving plate.
- Once the steak is done, place it on the serving place and let it rest for 5 mins. Top it up with 1 tsp of rosemary and herb butter and it is ready to serve!