Easy, creamy, delicious - are words closely associated with carbonara. Very often, we get turn off by the thick and coarse texture of the cream sauce and always fail to finish a single plate of cheesy carbonara which is basically engulf with the taste of bacons rather than the goodness of cheese and mushrooms which are also ever-present yet seem to be the long forgotten cousin when cooked together with bacons.
Our Share Food Home Cook, Judy, decides to ditch the unhealthy and salty bacon (sorry to the Meat Man) and instead focus on bringing out the essence of ingredients such as cheese and mushrooms which play a significant contribution to the overall taste of the dish and also introduces diced chicken to give an added texture to the pasta rather than using bacon, definitely an healthier option for sure.
Be sure to try the Cheesy Carbonara with Mushroom and Chicken recipe and let us know how it went!
|3 to 4 people||1 hour|
Our Share Food Home Cook, Judy, decides to ditch the unhealthy and salty bacon, instead focus on bringing out the essence of ingredients such as cheese and mushrooms which play a significant contribution to the overall taste of the dish and also introduces diced chicken to give an added texture to the pasta rather than using bacon, definitely an healthier option for sure.
- 300 g spaghetti or Pasta of your choice（300g意大利面）
- 200 g chicken thigh meat cut into cubes. Marinate with salt and pepper. (200g鸡腿肉,切成方块。用少许的盐和胡椒粉腌制鸡肉。)
- 200 g mushroom cut in slices （200克蘑菇，切片）
- 1/2 onion chopped finely （半个洋葱，切成小块）
- 2 cloves garlic minced （2瓣大蒜，切碎）
- chilli flakes (辣椒片)
- 113 g butter （113克奶油）
- 170 g cooking cream (170克烹饪奶油)
- 245 g milk (245克 牛奶)
- 1 tbsp flour （1汤匙面粉）
- 50 g grated parmasan cheese (50克 磨碎的帕玛森芝士奶)
- salt （调味：盐）
- black pepper （调味：黑胡椒）
- Add in a dash of oil and salt in the boiling water, cook the spaghetti as instructed on the packaging. Remove from water and place it in a bowl of ice cold water to stop it from cooking. （在沸水中加入一点油和盐, 根据包装上的说明煮意面。用筛子从水中取出，将面放入-碗冰水中，以停止意面继续煮。）
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan. On medium heat, fry onions till translucent. Add garlic and fry lightly. Saute Chicken till it is 1/3 cooked. Add in mushroom and continue to fry. To soften the mushroom, add in 1 tbsp of water, add more if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Add in boiled pasta and toss lightly. Transfer cooked pasta to a plate for later use. （在锅中，倒入2汤匙油。在中火下，翻炒洋葱直到半透明。加入大蒜，小炒一会儿。倒入鸡块，炒到三分之一熟。再加入蘑菇，继续翻炒。要使蘑菇软化，加入1汤匙水。如果不够，您可以再加入更多的水。用盐和胡椒调味。最后，倒入煮熟的意面，轻轻拌匀。将面与其他的材料转移到盘上，备用。）
- Melt butter in pan. Add in flour, stir to mix well. Add cream and milk, whisk till combine. Add parmesan cheese and cook on low medium heat for about a min or until it thickens. Whisk the mixture so it does not clump together. Lastly, combine the pasta into the cream mixture and mix evenly. If you prefer a runny cream, add in more milk. Let the pasta absorb the cream sauce and turn off the heat. To serve, garnish with some Chilli flake and Rosemary. （在热锅里融化黄油。加入面粉，搅拌均匀。倒入奶油和牛奶，搅拌至均匀结合。加入帕玛森芝士，在中低火下煮约1分钟或直到变稠。最后，倒入意面，均匀混合。让意面吸收奶油酱，熄火。撒上辣椒片和迷迭香，即可用餐！*如果您喜欢较水的奶油酱，您可以加入牛奶。）
Recipe adapted from Judy Ng
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!