Perfetto - is probably what Jeffrey Yeo would want us to say after he tried out his Fruli-style stuffed grilled squid recipe because it is just packed (literally) with so much flavours and had a perfect combination of taste and texture. But for the first time in Share Food's kitchen, there was only moment of silence as we munched into our sotongs and had only one expression on our faces - the look of ultimate shiokness!
We couldn't quite explain and come to terms with the fact that a simple dish like this grilled squid was so delicious - (well, maybe it's because we love our sotongs so much...)
But here's an interesting fact - eating squid can help lower the frequency and duration of a migraine because of the Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) properties that is found in large quantities in squid. Another reason to try out this recipe this weekend, and we guarantee you that you won't get a headache because it is really easy to make one!
Here's the full recipe!
|7 to 8 people||15 minutes|
Perfetto - is probably what Jeffrey Yeo would want us to say after he tried out his Fruli-style stuffed grilled squid recipe because it is just packed (literally) with so much flavours and had a perfect combination of taste and texture.
- 125 g bread crumbs panko (125克日本面包屑)
- 200 ml pasteurised crabmeat (200ml 蟹肉)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped (3瓣蒜，切碎)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped finely （半杯新鲜欧芹，切碎）
- 1/2 cup dried parsley （半杯干欧芹）
- ¼ cup dried basil (¼杯干罗勒)
- ¼ cup dried oregano (¼杯干牛至)
- 100 ml cottage cheese/ ricotta cheese (100ml干酪/ Ricotta奶酪)
- pepper to taste （胡椒，调味）
- salt to taste (盐，调味)
- tentacles and wings of the squids cut into small pieces (鱿鱼的触手和翅膀，切成小块)
- First clean the squid; remove the tentacles and wings and cut them into small pieces.
- In a frying pan with oil, sear tentacles and wing over medium flame to a point of charring the skin, then sauté them for a few minutes. Add in toasted breadcrumbs and the rest of the ingredients for fillings into the pan. Stir well over low heat for a few minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Make sure the filling is dry and pasty. Drain off excess water. (清洗鱿鱼;去除触手和翅膀，将它们切成小块。在煎锅中热油，用中火烤触手和翅膀直到它稍微有点焦。然后，翻炒几分钟。加入烤面包屑和其余馅料的材料。在低热下搅拌几分钟。取出，备用。馅料应该是干或糊状。 如果太湿，就要把多余的水去掉。)
- Fill each squid with the fillings, seal the opening of the squid tubes with a couple of tooth picks. Do not overfill as the Squid will shrink when cooked. (把馅料放入鱿鱼里，并用一对牙齿密封鱿鱼的开口。不要放太多馅料，因为鱿鱼在煮式会收缩。)
- In a heated pan with oil, sear one side of the squid for 2 mins, use an object to press down the squid so that it increases the contact area for more even cooking. Flip to another side and do the same.（在煎锅中热油。放入鱿鱼，煎2分钟，用炒菜铲压下鱿鱼，以增加接触面积，更均匀的烹煮鱿鱼和馅料。翻转到另一边，以同样的方式煎2分钟。最后，再返回另一边，煎2分钟。）
- Transfer the squid on a chopping board and let cool. Slice into rings before serving. Serve with salt, pepper and Lemon juice. （把鱿鱼放在砧板上。在上菜前切片，与盐，胡椒和柠檬汁， 一同享用。）
Recipe adapted from Jeffrey Yeo
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!