- 8 slices Sunshine Smart Carb Low GI 37 bread
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 packet wholewheat/wholemeal breadcrumbs pound till fine texture
- cornstarch solution 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 150 g skinless chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 70 g prawns cut into small cubes
- 1/4 carrot cut into small stripes
- 25 g tang hoon soaked till soft & cut into short stripes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 onion cut into cubes
- 3 cm celery stalk cut into cubes
- 2 tsbp low sodium fish sauce
- 1 small chilli padi minced
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves cut into small pieces
- pepper to taste
Prepare the filling
- Mix all filling ingredients and seasoning in a large bowl. Set aside.
Prepare the bread and roll it
- Trim off the sides of the bread
- Use a rolling pin and flatten the bread.
- Place a spoonful of the filling into the centre of the bread.
- Brush all 4 sides with cornstarch solution.
- Roll the bread tightly together to form a cylinder. Pinch the sides tightly to seal and flatten the two ends of the bread roll.
- Roll the bread roll in egg wash and coat with bread crumbs.
Air-fry the bread roll and serve
- Place the bread roll in the air fryer. Fry it at 160 degrees for 10 mins. Serve warm.