- 200 g all purpose / plain flour
- 125 g granulated white sugar
- 6 g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract double the measurement if you are using vanilla essence
- 35 ml Ribena Blackcurrant Fruit Drink
- 75 g unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 large egg weight: 55g, room temperature
- 150 g sesame seeds mix of 75g black and 75g white (not toasted)
- 1 packet Ribena Pastilles weight: 40g, cut into quarters
Assemble for baking
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for at least 10 mins. Line the baking tray with parchment paper
- Portion 18g cookie dough. Roll it into a ball shape. Flatten with your palm and wrap the quartered Ribena pastille within the dough. Do not use too big a portion of Pastille!
- Place the cookie dough in the bowl of sesame seeds and coat is generously. Transfer to the baking tray, lining them 5cm apart. #Tips: The cookies will spread as it bakes
- Bake for 11 – 15 mins. It is ready when the base of the cookie is browned.
- Allow the cookie to cool on the tray before transferring to the wire rack. #Tips: The cookie is still soft after baking. Hence, to prevent disfiguring the cookie, it’s important to let it cool before transferring.
- Keep it in air-tight container once it has completely cooled down
- You can store them at room temperature for up to a week, but they are best consumed within 3 days.