- 6 large ready-made sweet tart shells
- 120 g cooked tapioca balls
Earl Grey Custard Filling
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 g sugar
- 240 g whipping cream
- 60 g full cream milk
- 6 g agar agar powder
- 4 Earl Grey tea bags tied together
Earl Grey custard filling
- Add egg yolks and sugar into a bowl. Whisk them until it comes together. Set aside.
- Add whipping cream, milk and agar agar powder into a saucepan. Warm it up on low heat. Whisk for 30 seconds until the agar agar powder dissolves.
- Add Earl Grey tea bags and turn up the heat to medium-low. Use a spatula to stir the mixture for 1 minute until the fragrance and colour from the tea emits. #Tip: Do not worry if the tea bags break as we will sieve the mixture before filling the tart shells.
- Turn fire off, continue to stir the mixture for 30 seconds to prevent it from setting.
- Pour Earl Grey mixture into the egg yolk mixture gradually. Whisk quickly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Cook mixtures on medium heat for 1 minute until it boils.
- Sieve mixture before filling the tart shells. Transfer into refrigerator and chill for 20 minutes.
Assemble and ready to serve
- After custard has set, add tapioca balls on top with a spoon.