- 500 g yellow onion
- 20 g olive oil
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 70 g fusilli pasta dry
- 10 g parmesan cheese grated
- 10 g rocket leaves/arugula
- 20 g sun dried tomatoes
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 200 g ribeye or sirloin Steak
- water as needed
Step 1: Prepare and Cook the Caramelized Onion
- Peel the yellow onions and slice it thinly.
- Add the sliced onions, olive oil, and 40g of unsalted butter into the Cooking Chef XL with stirring attachment.
- Turn on the Cooking Chef XL with 135oc, 60 mins, speed 1-2 (occasionally add some water if the onions get too dry after 30 mins).
Step 2: Prepare the pasta ingredients while the onion is cooking automatically in the Kenwood Cooking Chef XL
- Tomatoes: Chop up the sundried tomatoes and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Pasta: Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it and blanch the paste according to package instructions, drain and set aside until needed.
- Steak: Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a smoking hot pan, add in olive oil. Add in the steak and sear until its desired doneness.
Step 3: Cook the pasta & plate
- Once the onions are nicely caramelized, add in the pasta, chopped sundried tomatoes and remaining 40g of unsalted butter to continue stirring with the Cooking Chef XL.
- To finish, transfer the dish to a plate, garnish it with the rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese, topped with the steak.