- 5 prawns deshelled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- water enough to cover prawns
- ice cubes
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Egg Fried Rice
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups rice
- 3/4 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 stalk spring onion chopped
- 1 tsp white pepper
Prepare and cook the prawns
- Have a bowl that is filled with enough water to cover the prawns. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda into the water.
- Add the prawns and ice cubes
- Leave the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Rinse prawns before cooking
- Add cooking oil in a heated pan. Pan fry prawns over medium heat . Cook each side for about 1-2 minutes. Until about 80 percent done, remove from heat & set aside.
Cook the egg fried rice
- Add more oil in the same pan if needed.
- Pour 3 eggs in, break the yolk, swirl them around. Cook eggs until 80 percent done.
- Put 2 cups of cooked rice and separate rice to prevent clumps. Mix well.
- Once most of the rice is coated with eggs, add the chicken stock powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce to enhance the flavour. Once the rice starts jumping around, it’s done.
- Add chopped spring onion and a few dashes of white pepper. Stir them well.
- Add cooked prawns and toss them for 10-15s and serve.