- 500 g deboned white fish Share Food uses Snakehead fish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cooking wine
Creamy Sweet Corn Gravy
- 380g Del Monte Sweet Corn Cream Style
- 180 ml water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
Prepare the fish fillet
- Rinse the fish fillet and pat dry.
- Slice it to approximately 7 cm wide per piece and place them in a mixing bowl. #Tip: You may slice it to the size you prefer but do not slice it too thinly or small so that you can bite into the fish when savouring the dish.
- Add in salt, cornflour, ginger juice, oil, lemon juice and cooking wine. Mix well and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Coat the fillets with egg, then coat with cornflour evenly. Shake off excess flour.
- In a deep pan, heat up 300ml oil on medium heat. Add in the fish fillets and shallow fry it for 1 min, flip and cook the other side. It’s ready when it turns slightly golden brown.
- Once the fish are fried, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Set aside.
Prepare the sweet corn gravy
- In a frying pan, add in Del Monte Sweet Corn Cream Style and water.
- Cook it for 2 mins till it slightly thickens and the fragrance of the corn releases. Add in salt and pepper. Use a spatula, stir the mixture and add in the balance egg.
- Season with more salt and pepper as desired.
Assemble and ready to serve
- Just before serving, lay the fish on the serving plate and pour the gravy over it. #Tip: This will avoid the fish from becoming soggy. Serve warm.