- 300 g plain flour
- 6 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 tbsp water add or less if needed
- 200 g chopped peanuts
- 100 g sugar
- 40 g fried sesame seeds
Step 1- Prepare the dough
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add in the oil
- Mix until a breadcrumbs texture, then gradually add in the water bit by bit.
- Knead into a smooth dough and let the dough rest for 10 minutes
Step 2- Prepare the filling and fill the puffs
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and chopped peanuts together until well combined
- Pinch off 5grams of dough and roll into a ball with hands. Flatten dough and shape into a bowl-like shape with thumbs.
- • Spoon in peanut filling and fold the dough in half. Seal and pleat the edges. #Tip: make a circle with index finger and thumb and place the flattened dough on top to make filling the kok chye easier.
Step 3- Fry the peanut puffs and serve
- In a pot, heat up some oil on medium heat and fry the puffs until they are golden brown. #Tip: do not overcrowd the pot or the oil will get cold!
- Let the puffs cool on a cooling rack and serve!