- 1.2 kg boneless chicken thigh cut into 2.5 cm cubes, pat dry
- 250 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 spring onion chopped for garnish
- 4.5 tbsp Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste)
- 3/4 cup Gochugaru (Korean Hot Pepper Flakes)
- 120 g sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp soya sauce
- 9 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 tsp ginger minced
Marinate the chicken
- In a frying pan, pour in chicken, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, soy sauce, vegetable oil, ground black pepper, sugar, garlic, and ginger. Mix well using hands.
- Set aside in room temperature and let it marinate for 20 minutes. #Tip: If you are marinating the chicken for more than 20 minutes, cover it with the lid and transfer it into the chiller.
Cook the chicken on cook-top
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C using top heat.
- Pour the chicken stock onto the marinated chicken. Attach the pan handle and transfer it to the cooktop.
- Cover with glass lid and cook it over medium high heat for 8 minutes. Remove the lid and stir it to prevent the chicken from getting burnt.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for another 5 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Spread cheese over the chicken and transfer into the oven's middle tray.
- Remove the frying pan handle. Broil it for 7 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted, bubbled and browned.
- Attach the handle, remove the pan from oven.
Garnish and serve
- Place the pan on the dining table, garnish with spring onion. Serve immediately.