- 50 g bread flour
- 75 g boiling water
- 160 g bread flour
- 40 g plain flour
- 6 g instant dry yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g water
- 2 g salt
- 40 g butter
- chicken floss
- melted chocolate
- mini edible hearts
Prepare the roux
- Mix water roux ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and chill for 12 hours.
Prepare the dough
- In a mixer fitted with a bread hook, add flour, yeast, sugar, egg and water. Start mixing at slow speed for 2 minutes. Add salt and continue to knead until dough lifts from the wall of the mixing bowl.
- Add the water roux mixture and continue kneading for 3 minutes.
- Add butter and increase the kneading speed to medium.
- Knead for 25 minutes or until dough is no longer sticky and does not break when pulled to perform windowpane test.
Proof the dough
- Place dough in a slightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling wrap and leave it to proof in a warm area for 45 minutes.
- With lightly floured hands and tabletop, knead proofed dough into a smooth round ball. Divide dough into 10 balls of about 40g each.
- Roll each small ball into a round shape and leave to proof for 70 minutes.
Bake and decorate the buns
- Brush with egg white, then bake at 185°C for 6-8 minutes until it turns brown.
- Leave it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Smear some mayonnaise on the edges of each bun, then sprinkle the chicken floss onto the mayonnaise.
- Draw on the features using the melted chocolate in a piping bag.
- Use a small amount of the melted chocolate to stick the edible hearts on as bow.