- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 8 cloves garlic sliced
- 170 g Del Monte Tomato Paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 6 large prawns remove and set aside shells and heads
- 1 whole cuttlefish deskinned and sliced
- 200 g mussels
- 250 g clams
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 cup carnaroli rice washed
- 4 sprigs coriander for gravy
- chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Pre-cook the prawns
- Heat up a saucepan, add olive oil and garlic. Fry till fragrant.
- Add prawns and cook until they are cooked halfway through. Remove prawns and set aside.
Prepare the gravy
- Add the prawn heads, shells and onion to the pan. Using the back of the spatula, squeeze out the tomalley from the prawn heads.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves and paprika. Stir fry to mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add coriander sprigs, put the lid on and simmer the gravy on low heat for 30 minutes.
Cook the rice and seafood
- Remove and discard coriander, prawn heads and shells from the gravy.
- Add rice grains, put the lid on and simmer for a further 25 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper and do a taste test here to adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- After the rice is cooked, add the seafood, put the lid on and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the seafood are cooked through.
Garnish and serve
- Place the rice and seafood on a serving plate and garnish with fresh coriander. #Tip: to elevate the dish further, drizzle with truffle oil to finish.