- 900 g fresh chicken drumettes
- 2 cans Ribena Sparkling
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- white sesame seeds garnish
- chopped coriander garnish
- 1/2 cup ribena cordial
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Step 1: Brine the drumettes
- In a deep bowl with the drumettes, pour in Ribena Sparkling and salt. Mixed thoroughly
- Cover with cling wrap and let it brine in the chiller for 2 hrs.
Step 2: Prepare the Ribena sauce
- Add all the sauce ingredients into a pan. Bring it to boil and cook for 3 - 5 mins until the sauce thickens to almost the consistency of ketchup.
Step 3: Air fry the brined drumettes
- Preheat the air fryer at 180oC for 10 mins.
- Take the brined chicken out from the chiller. Place the drumettes on a baking dish lined with a kitchen towel. Pat dry using another kitchen towel.
- Place them in the air-fryer, do not overlap, let it fry for 9 mins till golden brown. Repeat the same steps until the batch finishes.
Step 4: Dip the drumettes into the sauce, air fry and ready to serve
- Coat the fried drumettes with the Ribena sauce. Return them into the air fryer and cook it for another 9 mins till it’s fully cooked through. Repeat the same steps until the batch finishes.
- Garnish with white sesame seeds and chopped coriander. Ready to serve.