- 8 savoury tart shells ready-made medium size
- mint leaves garnish
- 400 g mixed berries blueberry and raspberry
- 330 g ribena cordial
- 50 g white sugar
- 420 ml water
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 35 g cold unsalted butter diced
- In a pan, add the mixed berries, Ribena cordial, and water. Cook over medium heat for 3 – 5 mins until the mixture thickens.
- Add in cornstarch. Stir constantly to ensure that the mixture is well mixed. To check if it is ready, use a spatula and draw a line in the middle of the pan. It is ready when the jam becomes a gel-like consistency and the line on the pan stays visible for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame. Set aside to let cool.
Step 2: Prepare the crumbles
- Preheat the oven at 180oC.
- In a baking dish, add flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and butter. Pinch the butter and mix it with the dry ingredients using your fingertips until you achieve a rough sandy and crumbly texture.
- Transfer into the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Use a spoon to break the crumbles into coarse grains.
Step 3: Assemble and bake
- Preheat the oven at 180C, top heat.
- Place the tart shells on the baking tray.
- Add in Ribena berries jam to the brim and scatter the baked crumbles on top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake it for 3 mins. Remove and ready to serve.