- 600 g bread flour
- 450 g water lukewarm
- 10 g instant yeast
- 20 g salt
- 100 g olive oil divided
- 50 g rosemary leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- flaky or coarse sea salt as needed
- butter for greasing
Step 1: Mix the bread dough and proof
- In the Kenwood Cooking Chef XL bowl, mix the bread flour, instant yeast, salt and ½ portion of the rosemary leaves evenly using a spatula.
- Add in the lukewarm water.
- Set the Cooking Chef XL to 35oc, 8 minutes with the dough hook attachment.
- Start the Cooking Chef XL with the stirring speed 1. Once the 1st minute have past, set it to speed 2 until the 8 minutes is up.
- Once it is done kneading, coat the dough with 50g of olive oil.
- Proof the dough in the Cooking Chef XL for 1 hour with the proofing function.
Step 2: Prepare the dough for 2nd round of proofing
- Grease baking pan with butter, grease the sides of the pans as well.
- After 1 hour, press out the air in the dough and coat it in additional olive oil.
- Shape the coated dough into a rectangle and place it into the greased baking pan.
- Let the dough proof for another 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
Step 3: Bake the bread
- After the 2nd proofing, rub your fingers lightly with some olive oil and press straight down into the dough creating deep dimples.
- Top the dough with the remaining rosemary, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and flaky sea salt.
- Transfer the baking pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes until nice and golden.
- After baking, remove the bread from the oven and onto a cooling rack.