- 1 bunch KCT MY NOODLE Mee Pok
- 1 litre water for cooking noodles
- 150 g minced beef
- 1/2 cup french beans
- 2 tbsp chilli bean paste
- 2 tsp black bean paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 thumb sized ginger chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 ml water for sauce
- cornflour mixture 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- 1 dash white pepper to taste
- spring onions for garnish
Step 1: Prepare the spicy bean sauce
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry the minced beef for 5 - 10 mins or till ¾ cooked
- Add the French beans, ginger, garlic, water, and all the seasonings and cook under low flame for 5 mins
- Add the cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce. #Tip: prepare your cornflour mixture only before you are about to add it in as the cornflour will settle at the bottom of the mixture if left out for too long
Step 2: Boil the noodles
- In a pot, boil 1L water. Add in Mee Pok and cook for 3 – 4 mins.
- Strain and set aside in a bowl.
Step 3: Assemble and serve
- Scoop spicy bean mixture onto the Mee Pok and garnish with spring onions.