- 10 big sea prawns
- 1 1/2 tbsp KCT Light Soy Sauce Superior
- 50 g butter room temperature
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp oil for frying garlic
- 2 stalks spring onion garnish
- 1 stalk coriander garnish
- 1 bundle tanghoon soak in water for 30 minutes to soften
Step 1- Prepare the prawns
- Using kitchen scissors, trim away the whiskers and sharp edges of the prawns.
- With a sharp knife, cut the prawns into half but not all the easy through and remove the veins.
- Season the prawns by mixing with the soy sauce. Set aside.
Step 2- Preparing the garlic butter stuffing
- In a frying pan, add oil and fry half of the garlic for 2 minutes. Be careful not to brown them. Remove from the heat.
- Mix the cooked garlic and raw garlic with the butter to form a compound butter and set aside.
Step 3- Stuff and steam the prawns
- Lay the tanghoon on a steaming dish.
- Stuff the prawns with the compound butter and place the prawns on top of it. Put the dish into the steamer.
- Steam over high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes or till your desired doneness. Be mindful not to overcook the prawns.
Step 4- Garnish
- Heat up the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil till bubbling slightly.
- Add spring onions and coriander over the prawns and drizzle with the hot oil. Serve hot.