- 300 g lady's fingers aka okra
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp broken urad dhal
- 3 tomatoes finely diced
- 3 stalks curry leaves
- 3 tsp fenugreek leaves
- Rinse the lady's fingers. Dry with kitchen towel and remove the tops. Slice the lady's fingers into 2 diagonally.
- In a frying pan or wok, dry fry the lady’s fingers on high heat until it darkens in colour (this will take around 4 minutes). #Tip: The cut parts will get sealed and this dry frying method ensures that the lady’s fingers will not exude its distinctive glue-y liquid as this cooking method dries out the liquid inside the lady’s fingers.
- Set the lady's fingers aside.
- Add the oil to the pan or work and turn the heat to high. Wait till the oil starts exuding smoke.
- Add the mustard seeds, urad dhal and curry stalks and stir fry briskly as the curry leaves will splatter oil and stir till the seeds pop.
- Add the tomatoes and fry well. Add salt and fry till the tomatoes are soft and slightly melted down.
- Add the fried lady's fingers. Stir well and add crushed funegreek leaves. Stir well and turn off the heat.